Patcher/Game acting funky....HELP!

Kharras

Dalayan Adventurer
Hey Yawl! Ok...im going nutz here and need some suggestions. Ok first...I just installed 2 new HD's in my PC. The Master drive has a fresh install of WIN XP PRO SP3. The Slave has a fresh install of my EQ Titanium disks. I have net framework 1.1 installed. I downloaded the SoD patcher and it opened up and seemed to work fine. But.....when it is done downloading it says...Errors were encountered while patching (see the log file for details). This can happen if you have another "game" client running. Do you wish to run EQ anyway? You can select YES to log in anyway and everything looks fine until i get to the character select screen where i have no mouse pointer (it is there, just invisible because you can move the mouse around and highlight options). So...if you hit enter on keyboard or move the ghost pointer over enter world or w/e, the game will start up with HORRIBLE graphics lag, and again, no mouse pointer on screen (still just an invisible ghost pointer). Its so laggy its useless to try to manipulate anything. I have never had problems installing SoD, and i've installed it prob 10+ times one 5 or so diff comps. I have tried to figure this out for 5 days and I give up. I've unistalled/reinstalled many times, changed graphics card drivers etc etc. Back to the patcher....if you view log file the only error I get is this...
Downloading http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/patcher2/eq/uifiles/default/EQLS_SOESplash05.tga
Error! New target file checksum does not match source! File: 00000000 Server: 4dce2173

It is strange that evertime i run the patcher it always kinda hangs at this point for like 20 secs or so before continuing. I dunno if it has anything to do with prob though. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

oops...there was another error as well..
Downloading http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/patcher2/eq/uifiles/default/window_pieces01.tga
Error! New target file checksum does not match source! File: 00000000 Server: ac71f956

Last edited:
Been there done that. It just seems i cant download the 2 files I listed from patcher. I have no idea why. I actually just went to my laptop which has a working SoD install on it and tried to email my desktop the 2 files in question. Its very strange....I cant even download them from my own email. The file download just hangs at 82% and stays there.

Well, that would lead me to believe (with about 99% certainty) that it's some sort of firewall or more likely, anti-virus software, if it's blocking a file (possibly deeper than your PC, maybe in a router firewall, or possibly via the ISP)

I'd poke around what you can to see if something might block it

Though, for your other problems, I got nothing for you, sorry =( I am, as my 'title' suggests, a noobtastic SoD'er

Been there done that. It just seems i cant download the 2 files I listed from patcher. I have no idea why. I actually just went to my laptop which has a working SoD install on it and tried to email my desktop the 2 files in question. Its very strange....I cant even download them from my own email. The file download just hangs at 82% and stays there.

That would be a problem with your connection, which is what is described in the other threads. Theres little anyone can do to help you with that, other than telling you to check your connection/firewall/antivirus settings.

Couldn't you zip the files up on your laptop, name the zip something else and send them to you desktop? Or if possible, connect your laptop to your desktop and move the entire Sod folder over?

Yeah, so....after trying every option I know of concerning Anti-Virus, IE settings, IP settings, Firewall, etc etc. I just burned the 2 files from my laptop (which has a working SoD) to a disk and copied them to the proper folder and everything works fine now. Im guessing this problem will start showing up more often as people attempt fresh installs with current Windows upgrades. I hate that this problem beat me without actually finding the cause.

Back
Top Bottom