Patch Notes - December 8th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
DISCORD
In order to have a welcoming and enjoyable Discord community for everyone to participate in, we have modified some of the rules of the Discord channels to try to streamline communication (see #welcome). In addition, #sod was renamed to #game-discussion and #offtopic has been changed to #offtopic-banter.

We also added Community Mods (they are not SoD staff and cannot help you with game issues) to help keep things running smoothly and ensure the Discord remains an informative and helpful place.

PLANAR GEMSTONES
  • Rumors circulate about mysterious planar gemstones being found throughout Dalaya. What powers could they hold? What secret treasures might they unlock? Three new encounters aimed at low, mid, and high tier respectively, await your discovery. Please send bug reports and balancing concerns to fuwok.
BLESSED ZONES WIKI
The list of currently blessed zones is now displayed on the Shards of Dalaya Wiki.

EXPERIENCE REFACTOR
This experience refactor is part of our dungeon rebalance project. The goals of the experience and dungeon adjustments are these:
  • To provide a balanced reward incentivizing players to progress to content that is appropriately difficult for their tier.
  • Provide a template to allow developers to create harder content with experience rewards.
  • Use harder "dungeon crawl" content to bring back the need for class mechanics that become useless in easier group exp.
  • To disincentivize players from remaining in lower tier dungeons.
  • Fix the Titanium era consider system.
The following changes have been made:
  • A player's first 250 AA points will be gained faster than normal (previously 50).
  • Max AA experience limit has been increased to 150% of an AA. (previously 25% of an AA) This limit scales with mob difficulty.
  • Players level 64 and below will still be limited to 25% of a level per kill.
  • All bonuses and penalties to experience are now additive rather than multiplicative.
  • The consider system has been fixed to match the client at all levels.
    • Players will no longer gain experience or be attacked from certain grey cons.
    • Dark and light blue considered mobs have been adjusted as follows:
      • 2.5% less experience per level difference below 8 levels for players above 1000 AAs
      • No change at 8 levels difference
      • 2.5% more experience per level difference above 8 levels
  • The level 63 to 65 bonus AAXP experience is now properly included in a player's experience message.
  • The group bonus experience message has been fixed. To clarify, no changes have been made to solo/duo/group/raid experience. This message is now displayed to let newer players know that this server does not penalize experience for grouping.
CLASS
  • The following Rogue abilities were toned down:
    • Razor's Kiss I, Razor's Kiss II, Fan of Knives I, and Fan of Knives II
ITEMS
  • Spirit Rake elemental damage reduced, and physical damage increased. Mana gained from proc reduced, health gained from proc increased. The bow should be more appropriate for it's tier and have better consistency from fight to fight.
  • Imp's Fury barrel is now susceptible to melee hits from other players, as well as fire spells costing more than 100 mana. It might hit you, also, if you are close enough. The proc damage was also ninja increased in the previous patch, but I am mentioning it here in the interest of disclosure.
  • Armorer's Breastplate was rebalanced. The proc rate was set to 1.1%, the group heal proc now has a short cooldown, during which subsequent procs will be color slam instead. Once the cooldown resets, the group heal will cast again, and so forth. This item will no longer wake mezzed mobs.
  • Gauntlets of Damnation and Ornate Draconic Chainmail Coif clickies no longer give a 'Item is out of charges' error.
ZONES
  • Some bugs fixed that were glitching out Soul of the Keep in Highkeep. Soul of the Keep retuned a bit, and loot adjusted to be more in line with difficulty.
  • Upper Thaz return portals added.
  • Wildlife has returned to Prophet's Landing in numbers not seen in a long time
    • There was a bug with the spawns in Prophet's which caused the number of animal spawn points to very slowly but steadily decrease over the span of the last 10+ years. What used to be a few hundred spawn points had decreased to fewer than 50 as of the time of writing this, making the quests they're involved in fairly difficult to complete
    • This also fixed Tower of Tarhyl chests spawns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems good to me. Harder things give more xp than easier things. I am always for changes that make the game consistent and logical.

I didn't see harder things giving more XP, just easier things give less.
The change really isnt meant to adjust any experience. I will be manually adjusting zones.

But let me update the information...one sec

• 2.5% less experience per level difference below 8 levels for players above 1000 AAs

The group bonus experience message has been fixed. To clarify, no changes have been made to solo/duo/group/raid experience. This message is now displayed to let newer players know that this server does not penalize experience for grouping.
Updated to clarify

The consider system has been fixed to match the client at all levels.
  • Players will no longer gain experience or be attacked from certain grey cons.
  • Dark and light blue considered mobs have been adjusted as follows:

While I realize two out of my three mains are above the cap and my most recent project isn't, I'm really not sure why less exp on dark blue mobs (or light) is necessary. Are you punishing long time players for actually continuing to play, farm tradeskill items we can no longer purchase from players due to the population? Quests that have been overlooked and now we're going back and doing them? Dropping exp on anything is, well, why? There's a reason that people with 1k+ AAs farm those zone, and it's not plat unless you're a tradeskiller.

less exp on dark blue mobs
Its more experience on dark blue mobs.

Also this is just core changes to experience. I will go around and balance all dungeons still. So it is kind of irrelevant for me to post these differences. I just thought players would like to know.

Dropping exp on anything is, well, why?
  • To disincentivize players from remaining in lower tier dungeons.
There's a reason that people with 1k+ AAs farm those zone, and it's not plat unless you're a tradeskiller.
Which zones do you mean? When I first assumed it would include certain zones, I ended up being wrong.

Ones I've been to recently include Heartland Undercaverns (robot oil), Crystal Caverns (helping my 65 'chanter on CoI and crystalline blood), Labyrinth (ice kobold furs/CoI), RSM for lava dust, and that's just me for my personal tradeskilling/quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom