Paladin Spell : Althuna's Conduit

stever

Dalayan Elder
1662473567329.png
This paladin spell (obtained by completing the "a demented gruplok" murk quest [Voices]) provides some unique ability for the paladin to take on a "healer" role and provide more utility. While being a conduit, you lose basically all of your tankiness (-aggro, -attack speed, -AC) while gaining extra healing power (+small gheal proc, +healing strength, +faster cast time).

In addition to the reduced tankiness, the drawbacks of this spell include the cast time (30s) and mana cost (2000mana). Both of these drawbacks, in addition to the really short duration (12m base, about 25minutes with duration 5 and related AA's) make it extremely inconvenient to use.

My recommendation is to increase the base duration to 02:30:00. This is in line with the shadowknight self buff Soul Shroud spell that is also obtained in Ikisith. Increasing the duration allows to paladin to stay in conduit for the duration of a raid or xp session and not need to take 1min+ to cast the spell and then med back to full. Recasting combine/ds rings/potions x2-3/illusions/ebonward every hour is already enough to slow up gameplay. Conduit being every 30minutes just seems really short.

On an aside, if the stacking issue with Wizard spell Relic: Blades of War could be resolved, that would be a really nice QOL improvement. The issue is with the Slot1 proc. If it could be made where conduit would overwrite RBOW and RBOW couldn't overwrite conduit, that would be really nice. While buffblocking is an option, toggling it on and off depending on if you want the damage proc or conduit is another annoyance.

I can't think of a fight or encounter where having a longer duration is in any way exploitable. If I am wrong in thinking through the fights, please let me know. I view this as purely a QOL improvement to help out our poor paladin population.

(please no lady's strike mentions)

Agree! Additionally, given the mana cost, I never understood the recast and cast time being so long.

Back
Top Bottom