Paladin Aggro (all fixed now, right?)

There was and has been nothing wrong with pally agro as iv said over and over. I don't see how the agro contest helped pallys... I ran in and beat every class that had tried. Sema came in later and beat me R1 vs a R2 pally. So iirc my agro at start of agro event was around 140k? After I was lucky to break 100k so imo pallys got nerfed.. Im not 100% sure on the exact numbers here but after I was definatallyu putting out LESS agro according to the event. But at any rate before and after the event I really have no issues holding agro if people play their class correctly or im not boxing and can focus just on the pally

There was and has been nothing wrong with pally agro as iv said over and over. I don't see how the agro contest helped pallys... I ran in and beat every class that had tried. Sema came in later and beat me R1 vs a R2 pally. So iirc my agro at start of agro event was around 140k? After I was lucky to break 100k so imo pallys got nerfed.. Im not 100% sure on the exact numbers here but after I was definatallyu putting out LESS agro according to the event. But at any rate before and after the event I really have no issues holding agro if people play their class correctly or im not boxing and can focus just on the pally

Is there a currently active NPC for measuring aggro or something?

i don't think its still active there was a weekend where they held an event. To see who could generate the most agro, in the arena

The contest wasnt really a contest, and it was not representative of how aggro used to work in sod, or even how it works now. Debuff aggro changes had already been implemented for the aggro event. For example, I walk in and see Kraizik generating 50% more aggro than Raxton, lawl, even auto attacking Raxton rips aggro off Kraizik in just a few seconds, so dont kid yourself into thinking you were doing this sort of aggro before the event. Even post changes Pallies dont out aggro me unless I let them.

Since the changes I've noticed Pally aggro is tons better, and SK is somewhat worse. Our pallies often out aggro the Czarina of Hate without really trying for example.

My first post saying that it still needs to be adressed is apparently invalid.

Upon further review and some tankage as of recent pallyaggro seems to be fine and dandy when you press the buttons you're supposed to press (and other people in your group do the same).

Since the change, I haven't had time to do to much xping/raiding, but I have played enough that I can comment on something specific:

I will say that I still view there to still be a problem with low/mid tier paladin grouping with higher tier dps on XP mobs. I am not sure how SKs and Warriors do in this scenario. Maybe this is intended, but it sucks to not be able to preform your primary role when you happen to be grouped with t10+ DPS as a low/mid tier Paladin.

Daffie is currently about T6ish (with a t9-10 2hs), max AA, and working on tomes. No runic2. My only chance to secure agro during XP with high tier players is to use the refuge rain spell. This is not intended for single pulls, and uses to much mana to be sustainable. Additionally, it wont always allow me to keep agro. Monks/wizards seem to be the worst offenders of the DPS I group with, but I rarely group with high tier necros/mages/rangers so I can't comment on them.

Daffie (t6ish) vs. Gegen (t10ish monk) I fight hard for agro when combos are not in use and have no chance to hold agro through a fight when the DPS combo is used. If I do any self healing and/or use an on tier 1hs/shield, I have no shot at holding agro. Daffie does take hits much better than Gegen, so I do want him to hold agro... (This specific example could be a product of the h2h, combo issues, and FD xp loss issues, but the facts about agro remains the same.) I am 100% sure that we could play Gegen less effectively and allow Daffie to keep agro.

I haven't removed my heal spells to replace them with stuns, but that is next on my list of things to try. The idea of losing my heal spells kind of gives me a sad face... I'm feeling like this discourages grouping and certainly makes things not as fun for either the DPS or paladin.

Current spell line up:
DD heal
Self Heal
AE Blind
ST Blind
Flame of Light
AE Stun
Rain
Group HoT

Agree with everything you said... But don't use Flame of Light (IT SUCKS, replace it with the next-lowest self heal). Also, what's a DD heal?

Agree with everything you said... But don't use Flame of Light (IT SUCKS, replace it with the next-lowest self heal). Also, what's a DD heal?

Targetable direct healing spell.

I did a bunch of testing on my own, and flame of light although it has a slow cast/recast, has significant agro.

Targetable direct healing spell.

I did a bunch of testing on my own, and flame of light although it has a slow cast/recast, has significant agro.

All relative to your tier. The spell increases hate by 250, and does 125 damage base (roughly 125 hate) for a whopping total of 375. Pretty pitiful if you ask me.

All relative to your tier. The spell increases hate by 250, and does 125 damage base (roughly 125 hate) for a whopping total of 375. Pretty pitiful if you ask me.

So true, that it depends on tier. That said, Flame of Light seems to be fairly close to the same hate produced per cast as Words of Thunder, but cannot be resisted and recharges in almost 1/3 of the time.

I`ve been playing a Pally for a bit... and well, I understand the whole aggro and such, but my main suggestion would to give Paladin an Innate Aggro vs. Undead.

Watching a monk generating more aoe aggro on undead, even using the Aoe Undead Nuke, Stance 4 and Aoe Blinds, is a shame to the lore of Paladins.

I`ve been playing a Pally for a bit... and well, I understand the whole aggro and such, but my main suggestion would to give Paladin an Innate Aggro vs. Undead.

Watching a monk generating more aoe aggro on undead, even using the Aoe Undead Nuke, Stance 4 and Aoe Blinds, is a shame to the lore of Paladins.

I don't know how a monk could out-aggro you in undead AE unless you're talking someone like Lleoc and the paladin in question is lower tier. If you used Wave of Light, Sanctify, and Consecrate and the monk is still pulling aggro it's one of the following:

1. Monk is terrible at aggro management
2. Paladin is under-tier and the monk in question is on the top 5 list
3. Resists
4. All the above

With people of comparable tier to my paladin I very very rarely have issues holding AE aggro.

Can you link some fomelos to the two characters in question? Just curious how they stack up gear/AA/tome wise...

I don't know how a monk could out-aggro you in undead AE unless you're talking someone like Lleoc and the paladin in question is lower tier. If you used Wave of Light, Sanctify, and Consecrate and the monk is still pulling aggro it's one of the following:

1. Monk is terrible at aggro management
2. Paladin is under-tier and the monk in question is on the top 5 list
3. Resists
4. All the above

With people of comparable tier to my paladin I very very rarely have issues holding AE aggro.

Can you link some fomelos to the two characters in question? Just curious how they stack up gear/AA/tome wise...

The monk is aecav and im sure he used poct. So tier 12 monk vs tier 9 palladin

So true, that it depends on tier. That said, Flame of Light seems to be fairly close to the same hate produced per cast as Words of Thunder, but cannot be resisted and recharges in almost 1/3 of the time.

Stuns generate more aggro than just per pt of damage.

Back
Top Bottom