Offhand Weapon Question

Kharras

Dalayan Adventurer
What is better for offhand weapon, HIGH DMG/HIGH DELAY, or LOW DMG/LOW DELAY? Or is it purely weapon ratio? In my case, I have two offhand weapons I can use....one is 12/20, the other is 28/46. I am a WAR. Thanks.

if you're tanking low dly is best, if you're just looking for damage ratio is what everything is based around

If you're having trouble keeping aggro, the low delay will generate more.
Then again, the higher delay you'll get riposted less. So if you can keep aggro fine with it, then it'll win.

In live it was best to have high damage on primary weapon for a bigger damage bonus. I do not believe damage bonus exists here (could be wrong). It is best to have a quick delay weapon in secondary to invoke dual wield more often (and off hands didn't get a damage bonus in live).

Naethyn said:
In live it was best to have high damage on primary weapon for a bigger damage bonus. I do not believe damage bonus exists here (could be wrong). It is best to have a quick delay weapon in secondary to invoke dual wield more often (and off hands didn't get a damage bonus in live).

There's no damage bonus here, and dual wield is independent of primary delay. So as has been stated, for aggro, a faster weapon in the offhand will generate more aggro, for straight out DPS, the best ratio is best.

I understand the logic behind weapon speed creating more aggro (like on live), but I remember a post WIZ made like a year ago on this subject where he said aggro was created more by the weapons ratio than on the weapons delay. Anyone confirm this?

Drezzk said:
I understand the logic behind weapon speed creating more aggro (like on live), but I remember a post WIZ made like a year ago on this subject where he said aggro was created more by the weapons ratio than on the weapons delay. Anyone confirm this?

You can by using the search button.

if i recall correctly wiz stated that there is a certain ammount of aggro generated by any hit and then a different ammount of aggro generated by the ammount of damage. that set ammount of aggro per hit is large enough that going to a lower delay weapon for faster hits of that set aggro is better for tanking than going with a marginally better ratio.

Back
Top Bottom