Niv's Harmonic, Niv's Melody of Preservation

Mythryn

Dalayan Master
The spell parser shows the following for Niv's Harmonic, which Bards get at 58:

Increase AC by 80
Increase Absorb Magic Damage by 10

The other Niv's song, Niv's Melody of Preservation, which Bards get at 47 is listed as:

Increase Strength by 10
Increase Absorb Magic Damage by 10
Increase Hitpoints by 9 per tick

I was curious about the purpose of the Increase Absorb Magic Damage on Niv's Harmonic, as it seems totally out of place with the nature of the song, as well as making the song drop whenever the group is hit with a DD. Would it be possible to swap the two songs a bit, and make them:

Niv's Harmonic (58)
Increase Armor Class by 80
Increase Hitpoints by 9 per tick

Niv's Melody of Preservation (47)
Increase Strength by 10
Increase Absorb Magic Damage by 25
Increase Magic Resist by 10

Having 10 points of damage reduced from an incoming s spell is a bit worthless, and that makes both songs are a little wacky and underused at the moment, but I feel this would give them some distinction, making one useful for melee damage, and the other somewhat useful for spell damage.

I would think the only reason for the absorb damage would be so the AC increase would be to apply for only 1 hit out of a tick.
I agree with your suggestion, but always perceived this to be the reasoning.

Ginam made a thread about << This >> a while back. This song has not always had the absorb magic as a part of it. I'm not sure when it was added but it does make the song pretty much useless due to the fact that any caster or mob with a ds will cause the song do drop after 10 magic damage is done to any group member.

Alright so.....
This spell wasn't changed recently. The Magic Rune portion of this song has been there since the spell came from live. (check Lucy) (Also check Shards of Dalaya Resourcarama (2006 spell file).

Ill do a bit more investigating...

(you guys should too if your sure something has changed.)

Ponden said:
Alright so.....
This spell wasn't changed recently. The Magic Rune portion of this song has been there since the spell came from live. (check Lucy) (Also check Shards of Dalaya Resourcarama (2006 spell file).

Ill do a bit more investigating...

(you guys should too if your sure something has changed.)

Either way the spell never used to drop like a rune after taking magic damage and it was useful in some solo, group, and raid situations. Now that it drops after taking 10 magic damage it really doesn't find any use at all.

nivs

if ur not a current fan of niv's harmonic then you are silly. the song rox
and doesnt always drop from ae dmg

If you think rezzing this thread to post that is worthwhile, then you are silly*

*stupid

Niv's Harmonic was always working as it is right now since early days in Live. Major AC pump with a weak point of dropping song once the beneficiary is hit by magical damage. Still a great tank song nonetheless if you can be close to tank due to song's short range. A great combo along with Versus of Victory which pumps mad agility and AC. Don't overlook the apparent obsolete haste songs of bard.

Back
Top Bottom