Newport Ring V

Petgod

Dalayan Beginner
I was doing Newport Ring V yesterday with some others. I hailed about 7 of the cleansed worshippers and then my cleansing vial would not work anymore. I was told that if you are not the one who both cleanses and hails all of the mobs the quest gets broken. I petitioned in game but the GM told me to post my problem here. I read another post on here that said you have to get your cleansing vial recharged by a GM. However, I wanted to post here to make sure this is the correct course of action or if there is another way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If by "my cleansing vial would not work anymore" you mean that the spell is still cast, but the plague worshipper doesn't collapse and spawn a priest, then I have seen this happen before when we cleansed a worshipper on a hill, and the priest was spawned under the world. If that is the case, the entire zone will not work for this quest until reset, you should go to the other plagueland zone and do the quest there. Try to avoid pulling to hills.

Petgod said:
I was told that if you are not the one who both cleanses and hails all of the mobs the quest gets broken.
As far as I know the quest doesn't really get broken, you are just not flags as having complete the quest, so even if you loot Athok's head and take it back to Newport you won't be able to turn it in. If this is the case, your vial will still work fine, you'll just need to cleanse 10 worshippers and hail them to be able to perform the turn in.

Petgod said:
I read another post on here that said you have to get your cleansing vial recharged by a GM. However, I wanted to post here to make sure this is the correct course of action or if there is another way.
I have no idea about this one. If you are having the problem I described above then I don't think this is the problem at all. If the vial is reporting that it is out of charges, then I don't know what to do.

by "my cleansing vial would not work anymore" I mean i use the vial and it wont make the "a plague worshipper" collapse and I am in Eplaguelands not on a hill. It worked on them up until the 7th one and then it stopped working. Then name never spawned and I cant get it to work anymore no matter what I do. any help?

Yeah, there is probably a priest stuck under the world, who is waiting to be killed before the script will let anyone else cleanse worshippers, petition about it, or use the other plaguelands zone.

Ok I am getting really frustrated with this. I have tried Eplaguelands and Wplaguelands and the vial will not work on any "a plague worshipper" I use it on. I have petitioned in game and my petition gets deleted saying I need to post it on the forums. Why can't i get any help on this?

Is there a certain way I am supposed to structure a petition?
example of my petition:
"I'm working on Newport Ring V and my "Counter Agent Vial" is not causing "a plague worshipper" to turn into "a cleansed worshipper". I cant progress further in the quest because I am at the part where you use the vial--hail the "a cleansed worshipper"--spawn the named by using the vial on "a plague worshipper"--all of these involve the vial working."

and this is the response i get:
Your petition was dismissed for the reason: ALL QUEST BUGS NEED TO BE POSTED ON THE FORUMS- This is the 3rd time you have been told this.. if you feel that you still have a valid issue to petition, please re-petition in a manner that is readable and usable by the staff.

What am I doing wrong?

I'd probably avoid including this part:
Petgod said:
I cant progress further in the quest because I am at the part where you use the vial--hail the "a cleansed worshipper"--spawn the named by using the vial on "a plague worshipper"--all of these involve the vial working."

Stick to what is actually happening to you, and exactly when things go off the rails, don't include what you believe would happen if you were able to get past the point you are stuck at. I'd also say in the petition that you believe that a plague priest is stuck in the zone somewhere and you'd like to see if a GM could death-touch this mob for you.

The GMs might not be able to give you any help with this, give the devs some time to respond. Keep in mind that all of the staff are volunteers.

Petgod said:
and this is the response i get:
Your petition was dismissed for the reason: ALL QUEST BUGS NEED TO BE POSTED ON THE FORUMS- This is the 3rd time you have been told this.. if you feel that you still have a valid issue to petition, please re-petition in a manner that is readable and usable by the staff.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm having a similar catch-22 Problem with a small quest. GM says to contact the list. List says to contact the GM.

Apparently it is up to us to tell the GM what needs to be fixed. But I don't know what the problem is so I can't tell the GM what needs fixed. And the GM in game won't help figure it out.

???

UPDATE:
Solutions seem to be a factor of which GM you get, how busy they are, and if you are good at guessing how to articulate the problem.

Newport Ring 5 is working again and all but one person I know has been able to complete it. There is a bug with that one person.

Two other small faction quests I had problems with. One quest a GM helped me fix right away, but with a simillar small quest I get no response.

All I can say is, keep asking, nicely and respectfully.

I am at the same point. No solution has been posted here and I can't ask a GM in game cause I am afraid of getting in trouble for petitioning a 4th time about it. So as of now I am just stuck on the quest and hoping a dev will respond to this post as to what to do.

Back
Top Bottom