Newport Ring V Issues - UPDATE

Xeldan

Staff Emeritus
I'm going to be making a major revision to the way Ring V works, hopefully by Wednesday. Once the change goes in(I'll make sure to post when it goes in), the way you cleanse worshippers will be changing entirely to a new system that we've implemented recently which will remove the need for talking to the cleansed worshippers entirely. This should alleviate several of the problems many people have with the quest.

To give more insight into the cause of the problem, currently when you cleanse a plague worshipper, a special flag unique to your character is increased. Once you defeat the enraged plague priest which spawns, the cleansed worshipper spawns. You MUST speak to this cleansed worshipper because when hailing them, you receive another flag. This flag in conjunction with the flag from using the vial on the plague worshipper is how your progress is tracked.

This will be going away when the changes I make go in, like stated above. A new global flag system will be used that keeps track of your character ID and spawns a special enraged plague priest specific to your charater(up to a maximum of twenty instances of plague priests being alive in the plaguelands at any given time - allowing multiple groups/players to complete the quest at once). Upon death of the enraged plague priest, the person who spawned it will receive the appropriate flag they're due for defeating it. This will also work for Althok the Plagued, so his head is being removed as a drop as well when this change goes in.

Hello
I'm sorry to be a bother, but if i had a problem with hasley not accepting items from me before patch and you fixed the bugs and gave people global flags how would someone like me continue the quest? Would i have to go talk to more worshippers or could i just hail hasley?

Xeld, I, as well as many others, have all the pieces for the final turn in (ring IV, althak head, vial) right now but had some problem with hailing the right number of cleansed guys. Is there any way you could offer a temporary fix of allowing the 3 items to result in ring V without the other variables required for the reward (ie cleansed) for those of us who have completed the quest but whom Sgt Halsey wont respond. Ive had my quest done for months now yet unable to obtain reward =/.

I really have no idea what causes the pet bugs, it may be better to bug that than report it here. That seems more like a game mechanic bug than a quest bug.

This is a pain for Pet classes ... BUT ... have NO pet out, do the turn in to spawn the Enraged Priest, then summon a pet, then you can attack it. After the battle, kill the pet, wash, rinse, repeat. Not very mana efficient I know, but at least you get the pets damage in there.

Have to cast your pet spell AFTER hiting a worshipper with the vial. I typically start making my pet as soon as the worshipper falls to the ground.

Not sure if that gives you any leads Xeldan, but at least it's a viable work around for now.

im just expectin the pet bug to be fixed so i can duo it with my chars,and yes xardon the summon pet after enraged spawned works,but on my case mag/nec duo the mob most likely kill me before i finish to resummon my pets.Hopefully it gets fixed soon :) .

I already did the quest w/some help so doesnt apply to me any more, ill buglist it if i get a chance/remember after my test later if someone already hasnt

Its been a while now and Im still wishing there was a way I could turn in my 3 items for final ring. Someone hailed 1 of my cleansed and it broke my flag for turnin.. isnt there some way to wave this or to allow me to get another cleansing vial or something?

Back
Top Bottom