Newport Ring Quests

Salarus

Dalayan Master
Hello, and thank you for reading another item thread by yours truly.

When I first came to this server a number of years ago, I had a great time with the Newport Ring quests. Really, the line is well done, the story is epic (I was blasting Knight of Cydonia as loud as my speakers could bear during the end of the 4th ring event) and formerly, the quest rewards were decent for their reward.

As time has passed, these rings have looked less and less appealing for the amount of time it takes to complete them. Considering it takes you to about level 55 or 60 to be able to finish this quest line, I would recommend the following changes to the rings.

Priest Ring:

Change it to 55hp/mana. Add 1 ft, change the heal mod to 5. Maybe even add +1 channeling?

[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: FINGERS
AC: 4
Focus Effect: Blessing of the Deep
Skill Mod: Alteration +5
CHA: +6 WIS: +6 HP: +25 MANA: +55
SV FIRE: +3 SV DISEASE: +3 SV COLD: +3 SV MAGIC: +3 SV POISON: +3
Recommended level of 50.
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
Class: CLR DRU SHM
Race: ALL
Slot 1 type 3: empty

Tank Ring:

This ring is pretty good as is. I would not mind seeing a dodge/parry/block mod on it, or maybe a little more hp though. Maybe even 1 crit strike?

AC: 8
STR: +6 STA: +6 HP: +55 MANA: +25
Damage Reduction: +2
Aggression: +3%
Recommended level of 50.
Class: WAR PAL SHD

Caster Ring

Just like the priest ring, Change it to damage inc 5, 55hp/mana, 1 ft and maybe 1 channeling mod

AC: 4
Focus Effect: Wrath of the Arcane
CHA: +6 INT: +6 HP: +25 MANA: +55
Recommended level of 50.
Class: NEC WIZ MAG ENC

Melee Ring:

This ring is nice for the worn atttack. I could probably use 1% crit strike, and better resists though.

AC: 6
Effect: Crimson Fury (Worn)
STR: +5 DEX: +5 AGI: +5 HP: +50 MANA: +25
Recommended level of 50.
Class: RNG MNK BRD ROG BST

Again, this quest line is really cool, and I really would hate to see it get thrown under the bus since it's so much easier to buy better rings than these which you could farm the plat for way faster than you could do these quests.

Completely agree with this post. These items could definitely use a boost for the level of effort required. This is a great quest line and I would hate to see it fade away.

Why not a sixth ring? Adding in another task bringing it up another level. Maybe something to do with Freeport.

I never got the priest one, but use the tank one still on my warrior.

Or simple dirty fix make them exp able to the next tier.

I think they are great and last a long time the way they are, of anything I like the idea of a 6th ring. They are already better than most low tier rings. Also I like the non standard focus effects there are plenty of healing inc and damage inc out there. Adding a casting skill mod like channeling would make it way over the top.

A 6th ring does sound like a good way to give it a boost without changing them entirely. I would hope it's a 6man content encounter, or at most a 2 group event. I could see this as being something that could get a lot of people working together to help people out in getting theirs pretty quickly, which is good or bad depending on how you like to look at it.

Its easier to farm plat and buy good rings. If a 6th quest is possible id be really excited, but the quest story line really seems to end after 5. I guess since the overall point is to assist newport, the quest could take on a different route, though the best I could think of would be get drops from a war zone as a way of defending newport??

As the roof raises on gear with new zones and more powerful chars so does the floor. However when the floor comes up its un-intended its more of a reaction to the new availability of gear for newer players. When this happens quests like this get overlooked as players can obtain a ring that is as good or better for around 1k and still be able to vender that ring for 1k when they upgrade.

I think adding a new part or upgrade-able form to all well designed quests is a necessity to keep them from being over looked and outdated content. We've already seen this happen with the lower tiers of raiding, Cmal and many other zones. Cmal has seen a revamp and is made viable once again.

Just make it XP-able and have it end up with double the stats when you are done putting like 300AAs worth of XP into it.

I had consdiered the xpable approach, however that would do nothing to fix the lack luster focus effects on the healer and caster versions.

This is such a great quest line that it deserves another step!

Another ring or an aug (Key ot the City?) would be good reward options.

I like the focus effects and the stats for this ring and the difficulty, I would also like to know of 2 rings @1k each with similar or better stats for each class. I do really like the idea of another step or two of the quest.

I like the focus effects and the stats for this ring and the difficulty, I would also like to know of 2 rings @1k each with similar or better stats for each class. I do really like the idea of another step or two of the quest.

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Ruined_Ikildian_Trinket

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Band_of_Faraway_Forests

I'm not looking up links for Seeds of Energy and Health but I think getting those takes less time than the last Newport ring and they do not take a lot of experience to drastically pass them in stats.

True rad those are pretty close and the newport ring, and the seeds are def better but again its a 'quest' and then a bunch of exp.

Not every item, even quest items, have to be "the best." Good thing these ring quests are actually pretty interesting as far as quests generally go.

Considering the rings can be finished off by a level 55, I think the foci are actually right on target. Adding hp/mana to the rings, perhaps adding expable code to the last one.

You can get heal 3 at level 21ish from an adept. How is 3.5 in line? Also consider instead of doing these quests, you can buy heal 4/damage 4 for next to nothing, and heal 5/dmg 5 for pretty cheap as well. Not to mention heal 5/dmg 5 off Traek.

Healer ring already has alteration....

At level 55 there are numerous easier to obtain options for better heal/dmg inc, essentially for healers/casters negating the point of the focus effect.

Now look at it's stats, why would you bother to spend the amount of time to do this quest, when you could as shown, spend less time to attain better rings? I could farm platinum dollars for this quicker than I can do the newport ring quest for instance.

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Lieutenant's_Seal

These rings, specially the caster/healer version are were prettty meh years back, and now they are just O_O?

Back
Top Bottom