Newport Ring Problem

hooden

Dalayan Beginner
Ok, so I did ring one fine, then I did ring 2 but when I handed it in I never physically received ring 2. I never planned on wearing ring 1 so I figured maybe I can just hand it in and the Sgt will take it. I finished the quest for ring 3 and when I try to hand in the letter and scouts ring, I just get them back. So... I guess I need ring 2 summoned for me.

hooden said:
Ok, so I did ring one fine, then I did ring 2 but when I handed it in I never physically received ring 2. I never planned on wearing ring 1 so I figured maybe I can just hand it in and the Sgt will take it. I finished the quest for ring 3 and when I try to hand in the letter and scouts ring, I just get them back. So... I guess I need ring 2 summoned for me.

You don't have a choice about wearing the 1st ring, since you have to hand it to him to complete the second ring. When you hand him the first ring, he gives you the second. Its not a case of "maybe I can just hand it to him", since that is the action that upgrades the 1st ring to the second.

Are you saying you did ring 3 before you completed ring 2?

The Wiki knows all said:
Sergeant Halsey reads over the report and looks at (soandso) shocked, 'Thank heavens we stumbled onto this before it was too late! (soandso), you've done us a great justice -- please hand me your Scout's insignia and accept this as an honorary Corporal of the Newport Guard. I am sure the Newport Guard will call on you when we are prepared to cleanse the plagues from the badlands.'

I had the same thing happen.

After I completed everything for Ring 2, I went to Halsey, gave him the report, then Scout's Insignia. I didn't notice that he didn't give me the 2nd Ring and had apparently just given back the Scout's Insignia until after I had completed everything for Ring 3 and Halsey wouldn't talk to me anymore.

So now I seem to be stuck on it. Halsey still won't speak to me. Any suggestions?

Trellium said:
hooden said:

You don't have a choice about wearing the 1st ring, since you have to hand it to him to complete the second ring. When you hand him the first ring, he gives you the second. Its not a case of "maybe I can just hand it to him", since that is the action that upgrades the 1st ring to the second.

Are you saying you did ring 3 before you completed ring 2?

The Wiki knows all said:
Sergeant Halsey reads over the report and looks at (soandso) shocked, 'Thank heavens we stumbled onto this before it was too late! (soandso), you've done us a great justice -- please hand me your Scout's insignia and accept this as an honorary Corporal of the Newport Guard. I am sure the Newport Guard will call on you when we are prepared to cleanse the plagues from the badlands.'

I did exactly whats in my post. I did ring one fine. Got ring 1. Once I handed all my stuff in for ring 2 it worked fine, BUT I got ring 1 back instead of ring 2. The quest worked just fine in that I went through the dialogue as normal, but now I just cannot proceed to get ring 3 because I don't have ring 2. I have done this quest previously just fine, it's just that this time I somehow received ring 1 back when I handed it in.

Lilyn said:
I had the same thing happen.

After I completed everything for Ring 2, I went to Halsey, gave him the report, then Scout's Insignia. I didn't notice that he didn't give me the 2nd Ring and had apparently just given back the Scout's Insignia until after I had completed everything for Ring 3 and Halsey wouldn't talk to me anymore.

So now I seem to be stuck on it. Halsey still won't speak to me. Any suggestions?

That sounds like just my case.

I made a couple posts already, including one in some consolidated Newport ring problem thread. However, I never heard from anyone back, and I would like to get this ring. :eek:

Can I get some help?

Back
Top Bottom