newport ring II/III

Jice

Dalayan Beginner
My character's name is Jice

I finished ring 2 and went straight on to finish ring 3 without turning in my Newport Scout's Insignia (ring 1) to Sergeant Halsey. Now I am stuck with the quest turn in for ring 3 (Notice of Deployment) and my NP ring 1. I've tried handing Sergeant Halsey my ring and the quest turn in both separately & together to no avail. Is there any way to reset the quest if this can't be resolved ?

Ooh...that sounds rough. Did you try hailing him a few times, then trying to turn in ring 1?

Another thing you might want to do is check your quest journal. See what it says you need to do there, and that my resolve it. If that doesn't resolve it, your best bet may be to report it as a bug.

Sorry I can't be of more help :(

I actually had the same thing happen to me on my SK and another fellow that posted here. A while back I remember someone saying it was going to be looked into, but I took some time off from the game and never saw if it was fixed. I'd love to see some sort of fix for it, but understandably its a pretty minor concern in the big scheme. Still, any attention would be great.

My SK is Kilshaak btw.

Edit: Not to hop in on your thread ;) but I figure I'd post what i posted in the past here and see if we can't get some help.

"I looked around but didn't see a thread on this problem before. When finishing ring 2, I somehow missed handing in or receiving the ring at the end of that part. I didn't realize this until I had all but finished the ring III part of the quest, and when I went to get my next ring and promotion after handing the captain the 3 items and heading to Seargent Halsey, I cant progress. He won't upgrade my scouts ring, and yet he also won't accept the scouts ring with the orders to move onto part 4. I imagine I'd need someone to change my scouts ring to the corporals, or at least reset me so I can finish the quest."

No problem, at least i know there are others out there that made the same mistake,(haha) haven't heard anything yet but i'm hoping it isn't too hard to reset a quest for a pc. Then again i could be wrong.

Jice

I'm going to bump this because I have the exact same problem. Looking through my logs I see where things went wrong.

Between steps 6 and 7 on this page:
http://www.angrygamer.net/sodwiki/index.php?title=Newport_Ring_II
6) Return the sample to Sergeant Halsey.
Sergeant Halsey reads over the report and looks at (soandso) shocked, 'Thank heavens we stumbled onto this before it was too late! (soandso), you've done us a great justice -- please hand me your Scout's insignia and accept this as an honorary Corporal of the Newport Guard. I am sure the Newport Guard will call on you when we are prepared to cleanse the plagues from the badlands.'
You gain experience!! (10000)
Your faction standing with Newport Guards has gotten better!
Your faction standing with Newport Citizens has gotten better!

7) Hand your Newport Scout's Insignia to Sergeant Halsey.
Sergeant Halsey hands (soandso) a new ring, 'There you are, Corporal. If you are interested in continuing work on these matters, speak with Captain Thalas. You can find him overseeing the incoming and outgoing traffic at the docks in Southern Newport.'
You gain experience!! (5000)
You recieve Newport Corporal's Insignia from Sergeant Halsey.
Your faction standing with Newport Guards has gotten better!
Your faction standing with Newport Citizens has gotten better!!

I did step 6, return the sample to Halsey but for some reason I hailed him again instead of turning in the first ring (Scout's insignia). He directed me to Thalas with a slightly different text:

[Sun Feb 03 19:49:28 2008] Sergeant Halsey reads over the report and looks at Mats shocked, 'Thank heavens we stumbled onto this before it was too late! Mats, you've done us a great justice -- please hand me your Scout's insignia and accept this as an honorary Corporal of the Newport Guard. I am sure the Newport Guard will call on you when we are prepared to cleanse the plagues from the Badlands.'
[Sun Feb 03 19:49:28 2008] Your journal has been updated. [The Bloodblade Compound]
[Sun Feb 03 19:49:28 2008] You gain 5000 experience!!
[Sun Feb 03 19:49:28 2008] Your faction standing with Newport Guard has gotten better!
[Sun Feb 03 19:49:28 2008] Your faction standing with Newport Citizens has gotten better!

[Sun Feb 03 19:49:30 2008] You say, 'Hail, Sergeant Halsey'
[Sun Feb 03 19:49:31 2008] Sergeant Halsey says, 'Greetings, Corporal Mats. Captain Thalas would like to have a word with you in regards to our findings involving the Bloodblade brothers. You can find him overseeing the incoming and outgoing traffic at the docks in Southern Newport.'

I go to Thalas and continue to do what he asks me to do, which is the third part of the quest. At the end of that he sends me back to Halsey to hand in a note and my second ring.
Wiki for third part is here:
http://www.angrygamer.net/sodwiki/index.php?title=Newport_Ring_III

[Sun Feb 03 23:31:51 2008] Captain Thalas says, 'Amazing job Corporal.' Captain Thalas writes a note and places it in an envelope, 'Here, take this to Sergeant Halsey. I believe the expedition is ready to be deployed now that we have the proper supplies. Oh, by the way... present to him your ring in addition to the letter - I have requested he gives you a new ring, as your status within the guard has been raised to Sergeant.'
[Sun Feb 03 23:31:51 2008] You gain 10000 experience!!
[Sun Feb 03 23:31:51 2008] Your faction standing with Newport Guard has gotten better!
[Sun Feb 03 23:31:51 2008] Your faction standing with Newport Citizens has gotten better!
[Sun Feb 03 23:31:51 2008] You receive Notice of Deployment from Captain Thalas.

Now the problem is that while I have the Notice of Deployment I only have the first ring, the Scout's insignia. My quest journal says to hand the first ring to Halsey:
[Sun Feb 03 23:36:38 2008] 8: [The Bloodblade Compound]
[Sun Feb 03 23:36:38 2008] Sergeant Halsey is very disturbed at your findings in the Eastern Badlands. He now requests that you hand over your Newport Scout's Insignia to receive a new ring.

Now I'm stuck and can't go on.

My character's name is Mats.

Back
Top Bottom