Newport Enchanter caster-warfare quest

seretogis

Dalayan Beginner
I'm having issues with the Newport Enchanter quest (the one which requires you to pit Mages against Wizards). I got to the part which requires you to learn Illusion: Ogre and speak with Galia de`Barra, however attempts to hail her go unanswered. I noted the quest text said I needed to "learn how to speak like an ogre" so I tried putting a point into Ogre which apparently did nothing, and hailed the nearby Ogre NPCs to see how they responded ("Hail dere") and attempted to use that hail with Galia to no avail. Am I missing something? <_<

Weird. Did you do something to muck up your ogre faction? Also, what's your character's name? I'll come take a look the next time I see you on.

Thinkmeats said:
Weird. Did you do something to muck up your ogre faction? Also, what's your character's name? I'll come take a look the next time I see you on.

No my ogre faction should be fine -- I've tried using benevolence as well but no-go. My character's name is Seretogis.

seretogis said:
No my ogre faction should be fine -- I've tried using benevolence as well but no-go.  My character's name is Seretogis.

Benevolence has been broken since a long time; no faction spells work, I fear.

I'll look you up in game.

This is a problem with me as well. With ogre form she does not respond in any way to this quest.

On a side note, the other quest she is associated with does not work for me either (tal yan beads + strong silk cord).

Tristiana

I'm still looking into this, but if you're having problems on this leg of the quest, try casting "alliance" or some other such faction mod spell. Now that they work, they might be just the thing to cure what ails ya.

Kaiteliz said:
This is a problem with me as well.  With ogre form she does not respond in any way to this quest.

On a side note, the other quest she is associated with does not work for me either (tal yan beads + strong silk cord).

Tristiana

Tristiana's quest suddenly decided to work when I hadn't done anything, so you should probably just try it again, seretogis.

This is a new problem I have run into with this quest, I am posting to this thread to not get two threads going on the same quest.

The problem I have found is after speaking to Galia in oggok (using benevolence, so this is working now).

After returning to the enchanter GM in newport, he hands you a Cookpot, and upon further talking hands you Firey powder and tells you to combine two ethereal stalactites from kaladim with the powder in the cookpot and hand it back to him to be enchanted.

The cookpot is not a container, so I assumed that it was to be used in an oven along with the other ingredients. I obtained the two stalactites, and placed the two stalactites, two firey powders and the cookpot in an oven. When I tried to hit combine, the client crashed. After logging back on, I no longer had the cookpot or the stalactites, and I was down to one firey powder. I went back to the GM, obtained another cookpot, and when he wouldnt give me another firey powder, I looked and noticed that the firey powder is lore. So the first bug was getting two firey powders.

After getting more stalactites from Kaladim I tried the combine in an oven with only one firey powder. This does not work. I also tried various combinations of ingredients in different containers. If anyone has made it past this stage of the quest, I would appreciate any hints as to what simple mistake I am making (as I am sure it is something very simple, I always make things too complicated).

It also came to my mind as I am writing this that perhaps the combine worked when I crashed and the firey powder was the result of the combine. When I get a chance this weekend I will try handing the firey powder back to the GM (I had not thought of this before, because I was thinking he wants the cookpot back, not a substance made in the pot).

Also, I have already posted this to the bug list, and here I am just seeking answers from anyone that might have made it past this stage of the quest. If noone has, then it's probably bugged. Thanks for the help all.

Abalene -- lvl 26 enchanter

:psyduck:

No, the cookpot is definitely supposed to be a container. It used to be one, but I guess it got sick of that and decided to stop for some reason :dumb:

This'll be fixed next patch. In the meantime, petition and have the GM summon you itemid 12129, and point him/her to this thread for verification.

What do i have to kill to get the tal yan thingie dingies for the dude in oggok? I slaughetered all of Yaralith and all outside of it a few times with nothing that fit the bill :psyduck:

P.S. I need these armors badly

Warning, semi-spoiler, don't read if you don't want to know where the stuff drops in yaralith.

I got the items to drop fairly consistently from the royal guard guys that spawn in the first couple rooms in the building directly opposite of the entrance. Got 1 ring every time I killed the first five mobs in there, sometimes got 0 rings. The guards and the shamans spawn in the same spots, and I didnt see any shamans drop the rings. So ya just gotta kill the shamans and hope the guards spawn, and then hope they drop the rings.

Good luck to yas.

This is a fun quest. I just started it so don't know much yet, but I love the idea of it. Very Enchanter-y. Kudos to the designer on this one.

I just wanna state that whoever is responsible for the Mage, Enchanter, and Wizard newport quests is a comedic genius! Need more quests like it in the game =)

Back
Top Bottom