New game changes are pretty awesome.

burt6

Dalayan Elder
This is kind of a just woke up and in a good mood morning stream of consciousnesses block so bear with me:

We did Thaz lower water last night and honestly got trucked pretty hard by the mini. Maybe we were doing it wrong, maybe it needs to be balanced some, but i liked it. The trash mechanic in there seemed creative and a lot of fun. It may still need to have the kinks worked out but once I stopped complaining I really liked it. I haven't really heard any complaints about the zone that aren't balance complaints that will get fixed with time. ( I liked earth when we did that too. )

As much as I have complained about certain aspects of traps I think all and all they are a great idea and will be fun.

My class (monks) have just gotten a pretty cool combo system that honestly works pretty well and gives us a lot more flexibility. Our class tomes still need work but I know that is coming too.

I think the bane changes are well thought out and have been more excited about the coming patch than anything i can think of in a while.

The new content in OG has been a lot of fun, the Devs have responded to various balancing concerns quickly.

I have been playing on this server on and off for about 7 years now, I just started donating in this last week. It is not entirely an accident. I am excited about the game, I am excited about the new content and systems, and I am excited that the devs seem to be hard at work making interesting and big changes. I just wanted to say thanks, I appreciate it and I know a lot of other people do too.

I 2nd this comment.
"Bonus Encounter Experience:
As of this patch, whenever you kill a difficult monster or encounter for the first time you will receive an experience boost. As of first implementation, this will add around 65 million bonus experience throughout 6, 12 and 18 man encounters. Just a quick and fun little bonus!"
Almost makes me want to run some Low tier pug raids for funzies.

All these changes are great! Unfortunately I still have no reason to play my main class. Due to a few Class design flaws in place since 1999. Who knows I might cut my losses and come back to main a different toon.

Its pretty decent. Also thanks for the patch notes, its really awesome to see them.
When is the plan to look at the +bane damage that was on items and change them to match the update? Probably a ton of work but can't wait to see that changed to match the changes that are live!
Stuff is looking great thanks for all the work!

Is the XP bonus thing going to apply from today on forward or going to count all your old kills?

I highly doubt they are able to backdate the Kill flags. I'm sure there are some newer flags/checks in place in IKI content that has character flagging saved. This is like PoJal quests v2.0

So you can be sure low level raid zones will be 6 man-ed for the next month or so by Ubers soaking exps. I'm all for this idea but like I said its going to cause some issues till every one is caught up on kills/exp they arn't flagged for yet.

CMal 1-4 = Even more perma camped by people who don't need the loot
Befallen (Its been a bit but I forget the SoD name) is going to be perma camped a bit.

This really was a good idea but I think its only going to cause some problems now that I think about it. If you are able to make any patch fix'n at least put some type of Full Raid/Group for the exp to be given that way ubers can just drag lowbies through content

They have been flagging kills since the house zone was released.

edit: iirc thats why some people had to redo there sanctum flag and some did not because unless you created a house by summoning a key your kill of nexus was never flagged

edit edit: I don't think the high tier player going after mobs 6man style is going to happen as bad as you think, unless this xp bonus is something absolutely absurd like 1-2mil a kill, because most high tier players can go to a XP zone and do a 2mil+ an hour xp group and get double the xp in the clear time + boss kill time.

Last edited:
I'm not try'n to be mr downer just pointing out some possible flaws. We all know what happened when people wanted to back quest for the PoJal earring chain. I'm all for the bonus exps I thought it was a great idea. However if it causes people to go kill low tier raid mobs for bonus exp that isn't cool.

PS I also forgot all about player housing keeping track of mobs you killed for the "Statues" iirc thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: If done right though this would be amazing for a active progressive raid guild. Starting out at a low tier being incented to slay every boss while getting truck loads of exp

Last edited:
Its pretty decent. Also thanks for the patch notes, its really awesome to see them.
When is the plan to look at the +bane damage that was on items and change them to match the update? Probably a ton of work but can't wait to see that changed to match the changes that are live!
Stuff is looking great thanks for all the work!
Items are being methodically gone through to make sure there is a fair spread throughout the tiers. The plan is for later this week, but that timeframe can change depending how long it takes to finish combing through the items.

Is the XP bonus thing going to apply from today on forward or going to count all your old kills?

The XP bonus is not retroactive. If you've killed something before the patch, you will not get the extra XP.

They have been flagging kills since the house zone was released.

edit: iirc thats why some people had to redo there sanctum flag and some did not because unless you created a house by summoning a key your kill of nexus was never flagged

Kill flags as put in by Wiz are next to worthless (maybe it's changed recently, but I don't think so):

1) It doesn't count the number of times you've killed something, just if you've killed it ever.
2) It doesn't count if you're not alive when the thing died, so if you just barely win a fight for the first time, most of the people involved will not have a kill flag for that fight.

It only exists for the mostly pointless "statues" you can put in your house, and it's not even very reliable for that. Cannot be relied on for anything significant.

edit: not to say that kills aren't logged, but those aren't nearly as simple to work with.

Last edited:
Also, what is this PoJal Titanas (Drehar) is talking about? I know he means the PoLore questlines, especially Relic Hunters. However, I can't figure out what "PoJal" could possibly stand for.

Yeah I forget the exact name of the god I just remembered it was Jalyaayayaayya something or other. That's really good that people won't kill boss just for the exps.
What are the chances of getting bosses killed on peoples fomelo's for e-peen stroke'n action?

Yeah I forget the exact name of the god I just remembered it was Jalyaayayaayya something or other. That's really good that people won't kill boss just for the exps.
What are the chances of getting bosses killed on peoples fomelo's for e-peen stroke'n action?

We have wanted a fomelo achievement system for a long time. Hopefully one day it will come to fruition.

We really need a web/php guy.

I'm still trying to figure out the bonus exp system. I got bonuses for the rust bosses that I had not killed before the patch on my rogue, and the ones I had killed before the patch did not give bonuses. But last night in OP when we killed Taeshlin a Raid boss I have killed before the patch I got a 400,000 bonus. Its kind of confusing.

I'm still trying to figure out the bonus exp system. I got bonuses for the rust bosses that I had not killed before the patch on my rogue, and the ones I had killed before the patch did not give bonuses. But last night in OP when we killed Taeshlin a Raid boss I have killed before the patch I got a 400,000 bonus. Its kind of confusing.

You likely had died during the encounter the other times you "killed" him.

Back
Top Bottom