New Charm of Resists

Jimkoz

Dalayan Adventurer
Suggestion: Charm of Resists from the charm trader.

Would it be possible to create a new series of charms from the charm trader? I believe it would be good for the SoD community to have these new "charm of resists" (no stats, no other bonuses or aug slots).

Sample:
Entry level Charm of Resists:
+50 vs all resists - cost 50,000pp
+100 vs all resists - cost 100,000pp
+200 vs all resists - cost 250,000pp

Or even make the person buy the Charm I for 50k then turn that in to buy Charm II for 100k (aka making charm 2 cost 150k)

And/Or have one charm with a quest factor into it to upgrade it 50%
Sample:
+50 vs all turns into +75 vs all.
+100 vs all turns into +150 vs all.

One reason I’d like to see this in the game is a money sink and another gives rogues another option of a charm then our 70k lifer charm.

I for one would buy the +100 vs all resists :)

One reason I’d like to see this in the game is a money sink and another gives rogues another option of a charm then our 70k lifer charm.

rogues need the nemesis charm for the bs mod and i dont see how this new charm makes that bs mod any less useful. new charm ideas are always interesting but like the above poster said those numbers are too powerful..game-breakingly powerful

Last edited:
I am constantly bothered by the fact that I have to maintain old gear and buy resist augs for resist gear and this is a really good and balanced and honest idea.

while this would be cool, It would promote making retarded resist check fights requiring these more and more throughout the tiers.

stop making me go bankrupt :( buy my augs! damnit!

Anyways yeah, I could kind of see the point of a special "resist" charm as an optional / switch-in charm for certain fights. That would serve the point of money sink.

However, the proportions you're suggesting is simply ridiculously overpowered, no matter the pricetag.

Supreme Charm of Valor currently gives +40 to all resists. price: 1.2mil
Eternal Charm of Divinity +25 price:560k
Juggernaut +20 price: 230k
Holy Charm of protection +15 price: 230k

So to not have any charms like these overpowered I'd say the absolut max, for the best one, couldnt be higher than +50 to all resists, but +50 would probably be a good idea... Target group for this charm would have to be people with 1.2 mil charm and with eternal charm.

To make it a viable option for these groups it would have to cost less than the difference between the two top charms, and probably less than the eternal charm of divinity. And it would have to be sufficiently less. Perhaps a good priceidea might be 250k pp.

Then theres the charm for everyone below, +30 to all resists might work at about 100 - 150k.

Now those numbers might be a better start for discussion, as it stood it was just ridiculously overpowered.

Last edited:
stop making me go bankrupt :( buy my augs! damnit!

Anyways yeah, I could kind of see the point of a special "resist" aug as an optional / switchin in charm for certain fights. That would serve the point of money sink.

However, the proportions you're suggesting is simply ridiculously overpowered, no matter the pricetag.

Supreme Charm of Valor currently gives +40 to all resists. price: 1.2mil
Eternal Charm of Divinity +25 price:560k
Juggernaut +20 price: 230k
Holy Charm of protection +15 price: 230k

So to not have any charms like these overpowered I'd say the absolut max, for the best one, couldnt be higher than +50 to all resists, but +50 would probably be a good idea... Target group for this charm would have to be people with 1.2 mil charm and with eternal charm.

To make it a viable option for these groups it would have to cost less than the difference between the two top charms, and probably less than the eternal charm of divinity. And it would have to be sufficiently less. Perhaps a good priceidea might be 250k pp.

Then theres the charm for everyone below, +30 to all resists might work at about 100 - 150k.

Now those numbers might be a better start for discussion, as it stood it was just ridiculously overpowered.

I like this idea, but as others have noted the original numbers were overpowered. That aside, the idea isn't horrible. If all y'all can stop yelling at the op long enough to suggest what you think a reasonable level and price would be, we could have a productive discussion here. Thanks Gladis, for starting this part of the discussion.

Having another charm to swap for situations where more resists is needed could help remove more platinum from the game, and I can see some players opting to save for it for the versatility it offers them. ~ $150k sounds about right to me for a +30 or +35/all resists charm.

I like this idea, but as others have noted the original numbers were overpowered. That aside, the idea isn't horrible. If all y'all can stop yelling at the op long enough to suggest what you think a reasonable level and price would be, we could have a productive discussion here. Thanks Gladis, for starting this part of the discussion.

Having another charm to swap for situations where more resists is needed could help remove more platinum from the game, and I can see some players opting to save for it for the versatility it offers them. ~ $150k sounds about right to me for a +30 or +35/all resists charm.

Cool, thanks. Ya I was just tossing numbers out there for a pure sample of "3" different type with diffferent costs.

A +30 resists all charm although good, wouldnt warrant me buying it if it didnt have aug slots for that huge price(150k). It would be cheapier to buy the resists pots. I would rather see a charm of not all resists but of 1 resists maybe a MR, FR, DR, Cold, or PR +40/+60/+75

as for the "one" poster that said "eat dicks x3" thanks but No Thanks. Why does someone hate me here? Seriously... I dont understand it.

my assumption would be same augslots as regular charms. ie one t3 and one t8. ie an optional +12 to one particular resist, that can be switched for a different resist when reaching different content (thus putting more cash in Stanley's pockets! :p)

A +30 resists all charm although good, wouldnt warrant me buying it if it didnt have aug slots for that huge price(150k). It would be cheapier to buy the resists pots.

If someone is doing content that is so resist dependent that switching out their real charm for more resists is worth doing they are going to use resist pots as well.

my assumption would be same augslots as regular charms. ie one t3 and one t8. ie an optional +12 to one particular resist, that can be switched for a different resist when reaching different content (thus putting more cash in Stanley's pockets! :p)

Another idea could be a "blank" resist charm where the person can customize it.

Possibly the 100k charm could have 3 type 3 aug slots (no stats or bonuses which makes those other charms so valueable) (+36 if you went all one type) base stats of charm would be plus 10 vs all.

And the more expensive charm could have (3) type 5 or 2 aug slots (+45 if you went all one type) base stats of charm would be plus 15 vs all.

That keeps the resist aug maker happy. So we can pop old the old aug and slap in a new aug (which I dont mind doing, getting to be a pro at that now)

Just a thought, thanks for at least entertaining this idea.

Because both of those drop off raid mobs and cannot be purchased?
There are earlier examples.

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Lecatiar's_Ring

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Vexed_Choking_Device

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Flawless_Sky_Diamond_Necklace

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Sage's_Amulet

etc, etc.

Also y'know that whole thing about not really needing resists on anything other than a monk until you at least hit like t5, and even then they are pretty much ignorable.

Though for some substance, at the resist numbers that have been pegged as reasonable, this is a bad idea, and not reasonable at all, and misses any target market I can actually imagine.

Also since it's incredibly uncommon to encounter more than one resist check at once, and the fact that resist checks in this game go on a spectrum of Ignore it because it's ignorable to Take every piece of gear you own and aug it to this resist or you don't win ever with nothing in between (with a nod to the further off paralell of don't even try to resist lol), completely valueless.

While I don't mind the idea of variety in charms, I really don't see this appealing to anyone who has considered it carefully for more than 30 seconds, and effort would be better spent on other things.

Also y'know that whole thing about not really needing resists on anything other than a monk until you at least hit like t5, and even then they are pretty much ignorable.

Though for some substance, at the resist numbers that have been pegged as reasonable, this is a bad idea, and not reasonable at all, and misses any target market I can actually imagine.

Also since it's incredibly uncommon to encounter more than one resist check at once, and the fact that resist checks in this game go on a spectrum of Ignore it because it's ignorable to Take every piece of gear you own and aug it to this resist or you don't win ever with nothing in between (with a nod to the further off paralell of don't even try to resist lol), completely valueless.

While I don't mind the idea of variety in charms, I really don't see this appealing to anyone who has considered it carefully for more than 30 seconds, and effort would be better spent on other things.

Since the charms would be intended for mainly situational use (I'm assuming), maybe it would work if the charms focused on one or two resists? I could see a +50FR charm with a price tag of ~8k useful for beginner raiders, or would that still be unreasonably cheap?

Another idea could be a "blank" resist charm where the person can customize it.

Possibly the 100k charm could have 3 type 3 aug slots (no stats or bonuses which makes those other charms so valueable) (+36 if you went all one type) base stats of charm would be plus 10 vs all.

And the more expensive charm could have (3) type 5 or 2 aug slots (+45 if you went all one type) base stats of charm would be plus 15 vs all.

That keeps the resist aug maker happy. So we can pop old the old aug and slap in a new aug (which I dont mind doing, getting to be a pro at that now)

Just a thought, thanks for at least entertaining this idea.

Now THIS is an idea I would support. This would let younger toons stack needed stats, raiders stack resists, etc.

Customizable charms made with components bought from the charm vendor would be *awesome* and I'd love to see something like progressively more expensive charm patterns that you buy along with components of what you want. The patterns could then, as expense increases, gain more slots or options to put things on it, and the vendor could have +individual stat items in different increments or different sets based on archtype, +hp/mana/AC sets, and resist sets or individual resist components, and +skill mod components of different potencies. Got a h2h monk? Buy the h2h component, got a 2hb beastlord? Buy your 2hb component. Rogue? Nemesis for life no longer!

This would give a lot more flexibility to the chief plat sink of SoD and result in more activity at the charm trader imo. It would also give people a lot more flexibility in their itemizations.

Now THIS is an idea I would support. This would let younger toons stack needed stats, raiders stack resists, etc.

Customizable charms made with components bought from the charm vendor would be *awesome* and I'd love to see something like progressively more expensive charm patterns that you buy along with components of what you want. The patterns could then, as expense increases, gain more slots or options to put things on it, and the vendor could have +individual stat items in different increments or different sets based on archtype, +hp/mana/AC sets, and resist sets or individual resist components, and +skill mod components of different potencies. Got a h2h monk? Buy the h2h component, got a 2hb beastlord? Buy your 2hb component. Rogue? Nemesis for life no longer!

This would give a lot more flexibility to the chief plat sink of SoD and result in more activity at the charm trader imo. It would also give people a lot more flexibility in their itemizations.

and this is coming from mister "Nemesis for life"

it would likely take a bit of work to do anything like this but if it were to happen i can see it being good for many. As for the resist charm... i can see it being useful for some classes where as others may completely ignore unless they ahve money to spare. not a bad idea though.

Back
Top Bottom