New characters should not have their clients frozen, /cm Acceptrules needs to be changed

Tevinter

Dalayan Pious Diety
A recurring issue with new people trying out SoD is being unable to figure out why they have 0 control over their character, being unable to even /q or /ex out of their client in some cases. They can't scroll or access their chat window, and the message box that explains it is unreadable or hidden. This is occurs even when loading for the first time using the default UI. This is something that has even tripped up veteran players and staff members.

Please find some other less disruptive way to inform people of the rules that doesn't involve them thinking the game / their client is broken or they're playing on some totalitarian dictatorship server.

Here's some screenshots from SoD discord today / that i found within 5 minutes of searching. I know theres more out there but it feels overkill to find more. Curious to hear others thoughts on this issue.

O1Tn9yR.jpg

zJw0jXp.jpg

BwIZ1cb.jpg

3nC6zRg.jpg

D8vRUFe.png

This absolutely should be changed as soon as possible. I have seen multiple people complain about this and even some inside my own guild couldn't figure it out. New players just assume its horribly broken and give up.

Back
Top Bottom