New Area Bonus and AAs

Gund

Dalayan Adventurer
Can anyone (hopefully definitively) explain how, if at all, the new area xp bonus affects AAs and tomes?

After some 20+ AAs in remnants, my new area bonus is down to 0%. However, I read one post which claimed this does not change how fast you gain AA's, despite the change in the amount of xp you observe in the message.

New/Old Area % will not hurt or help Tome exp. It will however help and hurt AA exp.

It also resets from time to time. I'm not 100% sure on when or how. My guess is after x amount of over all exp gained. It could also be time because I have got the "your area penalties have reset" messaged when logging into the game. This could have been server wide from a patch however.

I do believe it is xp after x amount of over all gained. This is purely anecdotal evidence, but I came back after at least two years and it appears my bonuses have not returned.

I was told the area bonus resets after 50 AAs of exp, or every 10 lvls gained when lvling, although i do agree with Kedrin it may be a certain amount of time due to I have also logged into the game and received a msg sayin my area bonuses were reset. Or maybe it is exp based, and jus gives this msg next time you log into the game?

Yes it gives you the message the next time you log in and/or zone. It is not time based. Although I seem to remember the level 30, 50, and level 65 thresh holds not requiring you to zone... so maybe I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom