Necro GM in Grobb won't prompt for thrid quest in line

nicodarious

Dalayan Beginner
It has come to my attention, after turning in the first two quests, that I (or all) have been bugged with the third quest turn-in with Sytha Coldheart in Grobb. I have been trying for days, thinking at first that it was a problem only that a server reboot, reset would help. But alas, that is a no go. I have been waiting for days to see if it will again work, and even sent in a bug report via in-game bug reporting method.

If anyone else has had this problem or know of how to fix this, please let me know. I am at a standstill for this quest set and would again like to get things rolling!

The third quest turn-in is suposed to be
2 clawed hands from bloated undead
1 staff from forglok apprentice
2 leech suckers from the leeches

I have all the items, and i went to turn them in and she gave them back to me. I tried to 'hail' her and she wouldn't speak. I have hailed others the same way and they all work.

**update**
Just helped another person go through to find the zombie claws (no-drop) and he's having the same problems. no prompt at hail for third quest. this seems to be a bug with it now. PLease, Please, Please, if anyone has any info, please note it here. If it is a bug, please when you get a chance, could you see about fixing it, devs? THANKS!

--nicodarious

the name of my character has the same name as myself (nicodarious). the name of the name of the NPC is Sytha Coldwind in Grobb (not Coldheart like in my last post, sorry).

--Nicodarious

It's been 3 years but I think I only had to turn in one hand of the bloated undead. Did you try that?

no, but when i get home in ten hours i'll try it. Although, when writing down what I needed from the text she gave me at first (before she broke and stopped talking), I thought she said she wanted two. I'll try one anyway though. thanks for replying!

--Nic

**edit**
Just had my wife log on and try it, and it's a no-go that way too. she won't take one or two claws. tried the leech suckers and the dried leech suckers (dried are no-drops). Just wanted to let you know.

Last edited:
I deffo needed dried lech suckers back in the day - and almost 100% sure it's been 1 hand.

Like 2 suckers, 1 hand, 1 staff (the one with Dex and Mana or so).

There was indeed an issue with the NPCs dialog not being correctly in order. I fixed this. However, the item turn in worked fine before the change and wasn't related to the dialog. Perhaps you are trying to give her the wrong items?

Edit - if you hail her now Nicodarious, she will give you the dialog that tells you what she needs. Hopefully it will help you to find the right items to give her.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for fixing the dialogue. I'm going back now to find out what went wrong or what I have wrong. Kudos to devs and all for keeping this game going as well as you do!

--nic

OK, just to help out a bit, the hailing didn't work for me again, BUT! i found out what is needed exactly! Just for the record, for anyone else doing it, this is the key to success:

1 staff from Froglok apprentice
2 clawed hands from bloated corpses
1 REGULAR (note, not the NODROP type) leech sucker

After i tried that combo, she took it in and gave me 1K exp, Bladed Acolyte Staff (weapon 1H blunt nodrop), and a Binder of the Shadow Scale (book, nodrop).

Anyway, just thought i'd clear things up just in case anyone else runs into this problem in the future!

Thanks everyone for giving me ideas to mix/match the turn-ins!

--nic

OK, just to help out a bit, the hailing didn't work for me again, BUT! i found out what is needed exactly! Just for the record, for anyone else doing it, this is the key to success:

1 staff from Froglok apprentice
2 clawed hands from bloated corpses
1 REGULAR (note, not the NODROP type) leech sucker

After i tried that combo, she took it in and gave me 1K exp, Bladed Acolyte Staff (weapon 1H blunt nodrop), and a Binder of the Shadow Scale (book, nodrop).

Anyway, just thought i'd clear things up just in case anyone else runs into this problem in the future!

Thanks everyone for giving me ideas to mix/match the turn-ins!

--nic
Sorry for linking an old quest thread, but i am having the same exact problem. I try to turn in the items listed, and she gives them all back. THe quest is not in my journal, but i did the previous quest in the line and am wearing the item.

Characters name is Herumor, would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks!

You seem to have the correct flag and the correct items. I tried the turn-in myself and it worked. All I can think of is that you lost faction somehow... it does check to make sure that you are Amiable or higher. If not that, I'm not sure what to say :x

Hmm, for some reason it shows me as indifferent, cant think of why though -- I havent done anything to mess up faction and she accepted ther first 2 quests in the line, so i have no clue.

Is there any way to raise faction with her?

Well, turned in a couple quests and i was amaible again, not sure what happened, but thanks for the tip!

Howdy,

I am also having this same quest issue on my necromancer. When I try to hail Sytha Coldwind, she will not response to me nor will she accept my 4 quest items of:

1 Froglok Apprentice Staff
2 Clawed Hands [NO DROP]
1 Leech Sucker

My faction is amiably, so I doubt that is the issue. Would it be possible to check and see if my character is bugged? Her name is Xavia.

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Problem fixed. I never would up turning the helmet back into the original quest giver and needless to say it bugged the remainder of the quest out (doh!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom