MQ - Unfolding Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syalara

Dalayan Beginner
High Seeker Gavin just sent me to FR for the unfolding portal, yet the zone is currently being revamped.
Is it currently found in FR or has it been relocated?

Syalara said:
High Seeker Gavin just sent me to FR for the unfolding portal, yet the zone is currently being revamped.
Is it currently found in FR or has it been relocated?

FR.

Anyone know any info about this? Does it drop off the same mob it used to or a different mob? I have cleared FR many times and have had no luck in finding this :(

edit: nevermind...I found it :dance:

The Unfolding Portal still drops off the same mob it used to, it is just now in a new location. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out since there aren't that many mobs in the zone atm. The mob does have a placeholder and seems to be an uncommon to rare spawn. The long respawn rate in the zone doesn't seem to help either :(

By long respawn you mean about an hour, right? It does seem a little excessive. Any reasons for the extra long respawn rate?

I didnt time it, but yes, the respawn is exceedingly long. From what I recall of this mob a full group could get their portals in under 45 min.

I would guess the new mob location is in the tower over the deepfiend pit, middle spawn.

Ikaa/Osimi said:
From what I recall of this mob a full group could get their portals in under 45 min.

Absolubtely not. I would estimate that it takes about that long just to Respawn - meaning that if you got lucky, and the artificer was up, then you'd get ONE portal in 45 minutes. That, and the artificer is a rarer spawn, usually there's a placeholder. A full group of 50s could clear the whole area and probably get good exp and still wait for the respawn. A group of 65s would clear it, then have nothing to do but go after deepfiends, which (yes I'm exaggerating) have an aggro radius the size of Texas.

She's referring to the OLD way, when the repop on the artificier was 5 minutes.

I'll ask if somehow multiple folding portals could drop, although that doesn't really make any sense.

It's not too bad, really. I mean, it shouldn't be a cakewalk to get it; I would personally just hope that the respawn timer was bumped up. Either that, or decrease the aggro radius of the deepfiends, so you've got something to do while you wait for the respawn.

From waht i've seen, it seems like the deepfiends are linked to specific spawns but then all roam.

So you get deepfiend 1 + 2 linked, roam to across the whole valley from each other, you aggro one and the other beelines for you. On the way, he picks up 2-3 more.
It does seem they're weaker than before though, so really you can just tank 3-4 at a time.

rab said:
She's referring to the OLD way, when the repop on the artificier was 5 minutes.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
The old artificer also had no PH, so it was easy to get it for the whole group while you were there.

Yes... sorry for the miscommunication. Fast respawn and no PH previously, slow respawn and PH now, the only other change in the mob being that it's closer to the zone, which makes it slightly less of a hassle to get to.

I don't know that changing the mob back to it's original PH-less spawn and fast timer makes it a "cake walk", the recent changes however have simply made it a huge time sink.

jeese... yeah. a HUGE time sink that some of us can't afford. at least 6 hours to get them for the whole group? 8 hours is probably the most i can spend on the game right now, most days. keeping a group interested in being down there that long, when not all of them even want MQ (don't ask me why the heck not, makes no sense to me) seems slightly unreasonable. what i think sounds reasonable is a 20-30min spawn time, and no ph. it won't be as quick and simple as before, but it won't be ridiculous either, and you can predictably gauge how long it will take, so that you can tell your group what to expect, so they aren't getting impatient.

SlicerSV said:
jeese... yeah. a HUGE time sink that some of us can't afford. at least 6 hours to get them for the whole group? 8 hours is probably the most i can spend on the game right now, most days. keeping a group interested in being down there that long, when not all of them even want MQ (don't ask me why the heck not, makes no sense to me) seems slightly unreasonable. what i think sounds reasonable is a 20-30min spawn time, and no ph. it won't be as quick and simple as before, but it won't be ridiculous either, and you can predictably gauge how long it will take, so that you can tell your group what to expect, so they aren't getting impatient.

Well, the mobs aren't terribly difficult, they're max level 53, so you can actually duo them. Which means you can get yoru one peice fairly easy if you have a 65 duo combo, or can get one or two friends to hop along.

I don't necessarily mind it being such a long camp, if only there were something else to do to pass the time in between the long spawns.

Of course, "being a boring camp" isn't exactly reason enough for anything to be changed about it :/

I have spent about 8 hours killing every single spectral mob on tracking in first ruin today and yesterday and the only things that have popped are caretaker and custodian ...I have since given up. The custodian pops in the tower above the deepfiend pit. Can anyone confirm that the unfolding portal even drops post revamp? Was I clearing the wrong mobs?

Behn the gnome

This part of quest is redicilous for two reasons:

1. Spawn rate of 1 hour ....it needs to be 25 mins or less if there are 3 possible mobs that spawn in same spot....spectrial keeper, custodian, and artificer.

2. Artificer was put in another named mobs spawn cycle!

I have camped this room for 8 straight spawns and not a single artificer and I need 1 for each of my 2 toons.......I clear all the spectral spawns and then have to go afk for 30 minutes waiting on respawn so the exp isnt even good =/

Please look at some kind of fix for this.

-Clerg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom