MQ Optional part bug?

Jorlaan

Dalayan Adventurer
According to the post by Wiz right above here, the MQ dryad quest is optional, just hail tesia and tell her you can't do it. Well that's not doing anything, I keep just getting the same text repeating, go to her sister. Now i did do the part where I ask the three factions what their intentions are, I wanted the 50k exp, hehe. By doing this did I give up my option to skip this? I've done the whole thing before on one char so can do again if I need to, but wanted to skip this time as I don't want to ally with a faction right now. Or am I not saying it right, tried many combos of what Wiz said to say.

Well it says that the dryad part of the quest is optional, but I didn't think that part actually started until you had to JOIN a faction, which is after you talk to them. But maybe I should just join one, looks like I might have to, just wanted to wait till this guy was a little higher.

If you talk to the three factions, you have done the optional quest. To avoid it, you have to re-hail her right after and tell her you can't do so. If she is telling you to talk to her sister, it sounds like you did her quest already, by talking to them. Whether you joined or not.
To continue the MQ though, you'll need to join one of those factions anyways, so why not just do it?

The sticky post by wiz that was pointed to as reference: "TESIA'S MQ DRYAD QUEST IS OPTIONAL." That is, the "Go talk to the factions, then come back to me" quest.

Hannia, her sister, will send you to go join a faction and get past the first rank to ask for a meeting with the Great Dryad. Hannia's part is not skippable, but Tesia's is apparently. On the wiki, this quest is labeled as "Tesia's Task".

Last edited:
I find it strange that the only skippable part is the part that's like 5 minutes long and gives good exp, lol. Why would anyone choose to skip that? I kinda thought it meant the whole joining up part, as meeting the dryad is the whole reason you have to join up.

Someone would have to skip that part if their faction was too poor to speak to one of the three leaders.

Back
Top Bottom