MQ: Council of Innovation & Goblin Scout Beads

cornelweezy

Dalayan Elder
I was questing on my chanter and notices, in Heartlands Plateau, looted Goblin Scout Beads don't stack. Counter stays at 1. This means the MQ is currently broken for Council of Innovation folks as they need 10 to meet the Dryad.

Heads up. Please fix, or post up GMs to flag peeps for Researcher dryad dialogue.

Thank you!

EDIT: I collected ten in anticipation of stacking to be fixed. If you physically loot each one then put it in it's own slot, then stack them yourself, they stack. Still a silly bug.

EDIT Again: I stacked ten using the method above and handed then to the Researcher, and he handed me 1 back. Spoke too soon; quest still broken. I recommend this faction quest is turned into a "combine in bag" type deal to avoid this problem in the future.

Edit the third: I gated back to Athica after failed turn in and the ten (in one) beads unstacked/reappeared in my inventory in their own slots. Weird bug.

Last edited:
Yessir, I have personally lost over 20 beads trying the same things Yacub did. If you manually stack them and log, all beads poof except for 1. After the second failed turnin, when I zoned back to Athica, some of the turned in beads repopped (4 out of 10). Could be because I looted some more (3) after the failed turnin and before zoning. Nevertheless, I have not been able to discover a way to complete this portion of the main quest.

Clik - 57 PAL

If I may ask, how did they become bugged? I know when I did the quest with Sayen a long time ago they were fine. Then for a few weeks (supposedly) they become bugged?

Could not recreate this myself but I fixed what might've caused weirdness: they were being put on the loot table with 0 charges (stacked amount) rather than 1, which was probably confusing the inventory code when it saw a stack full of no amount of beads.

Any that are looted as of now shouldn't have the same problem (if I'm right).

definitely still broken. you try and stack them yourself and it says "Error: Insufficient number in stack."

i haven't tried recollecting beads tho. I'm otw to do that now.

EDIT: Just collected new beads. As far as I can tell, there is no change. Still broken.

EDIT again: I figured I was doing something wrong, do I deleted the first set of beads I had and then looted new ones again and they seem fixed. Thanks for the attention, Zaela

Last edited:
I say leave it in the forums to show the kind of support the staff gives. Was looked into, diagnosed and fixed fast. While this speed for fixes is uncommon (usually is more complicated i wager), it shows the devotion given.

Thanks again Zae.

Back
Top Bottom