MQ: can necros go good?

quoral

Dalayan Beginner
I hope this isn't a taboo subject but I'm at the part in the MQ where I have to choose good or evil and I don't know what the long term ramifications (late game) of this decision are (first character here). Will a necro damage his ability to play (buy spells, do necro type quests) if he chooses the good route? What route do most end game people take? Thanks

quoral

Sewer gate is the sweetest leveling gate neck in the game. If you are in your twenties and are trying to decide whether to kill the priestess or the evil gnome. the answer is simple. Kill the priestess. Its only a small good faction hit. ( or chaotic, i cant really remember).

There are crap loads of lawful and good hits later on. But losing bank gate before you have another gate neck sucks and troll guards hit really hard. Buying spells makes no difference after 55.

Also, choosing to kill the priestess doesn't make you evil for the rest of time. You become evil by making a lot of evil choices as you progress through the game. In fact, I only hit 20% about 3 days ago. I made my character in 2007 and had to make up for some bad choices early on. Your real adjustments come from heartland faction choice and diety choice. Then you polish it off with other quest choices in game that are not related to either.

Also, the best necromancer quests in game are blackscale assasinations and the gradalsh quest line. Though neither is necro exclusive, but evil happens. You will also kill fewer greens in blackscale, though you won't think so at the time.

If you are worried about losing town faction, if you are careful the only one you will become KOS in is gnome ville. and no one goes there. Now you won't be loved elsewhere and may not be able to sell, but so what, you've got cult gate. 24/7 private banking and shopping

I wish I had written down their names, but I've seen a couple necromancers that went with good options and swore to Jayla.

You could always get someone to buy your spells for you (droppable items FTW) if that's your concern. I suppose you have more concerns than just that, but it's certainly doable.

if he is DE or iksar and went COI for heartlands and Good for diety, basically Jayla. He could probably manage it without much problem.
If he isn't either, he will have to grind faction with grobb guards and do at least part of the gate quest from grobb blackscales, ( no evil or blackscale faction hit ) for spells first.

Lawful good will probably work as well, as long as he doesn't commit to silver crown until after 55. But with the same provisos as noted above, and the additional one that once he starts grinding silver crown he will become kos to blackscales in grobb, who reside in only a small-you-will never-go-there-again at 55 section.

But I'm not sure thats what he is asking. Because at end game, the only thing that matters is having a 20% bonus, which you can do with any choice. But a polar choice like Lawful good, lawful evil and chaotic either is going to be easier then neutral anything. Neutral being for those that want a balancing mini game with their deity choice.

But if he isn't DE and Iksar and is new to the game, dishing cult of entropy early on sucks. But there isn't really any choice thats bad long run if you are willing to work through the hurdles. As the only bad choice is one that doesn't allow you to get max diety.

That said I should mention most necs go marlow or gradalsh, since the former doesn't break your sewer faction and only pisses off blackscale in grobb. Gradalsh being fine everywhere.

But if he really wants to be Good and end game, he should ditch the necro and make a mage. Do 40%+ more dps, have better mana regen and not care about whether some quest adds or deletes .0003% more dps, because he can always baw in Classes for 5% more dps anytime he wants and get it.

Back
Top Bottom