More Summon:Arrows items

Finkk

Dalayan Adventurer
As of right now, I am only aware of one item in SoD that summons arrows.

Huntsman's Bracelet
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: WRIST
AC: 16
Effect: Summon Arrows (Must Equip. Casting Time: 4.0)
DEX: +15 STA: +15
Critical Strike: +1%
Recommended level of 50.
WT: 1.5 Size: SMALL
Class: RNG
Race: ALL

(Stormkeep, level 68+ mob)

I was wondering what everyone thought about the addition of an item that summons arrows that would be more
easily attainable than the above-mentioned item.

I am a ranger so I use archery in almost every fight.

Right now, I go to the vendor and buy around 40 stacks of arrows (only costs 4 silver per stack) before I do any XPing.
It's not expensive, but it consumes half my inventory.

So let me know what you think. I already have the opinion of one of the devs, who suggested I make this idea public.

Honestly at 65 (when you can get HB^) you're kinda slacking if you're not using 8 or 9dmg arrows. 8dmg you can make, 9dmg you can get with a fire opal and a friendly mage.

If there were some 5+dmg arrows available from summon arrow items, I guess you could use those for groups/trash if you're so inclined. Idk what the ranger starfall2 items are but some arrow summoning device might be nice for some people I guess.

I still hate the burning through arrows and therefore cash business we rangers have to put up with... (or suffer significant DPS loss).

Thinkmeats said:
As it happens, I'm working on a quest with a summon arrows reward clicker.

lol. Just my luck! Thanks for the quick response too. When you are finished, will some details for the quest be given on the update section of the website? At least what zone it originates from is more than enough for me.

Finkk said:
Right now, I go to the vendor and buy around 40 stacks of arrows (only costs 4 silver per stack) before I do any XPing.
It's not expensive, but it consumes half my inventory.

Not to detract from the summon-arrow issue, but take up fletching to help your inventory problem. Components take up much less room that the arrows they produce (every combine creates a stack of arrows iirc). It's a bit of a pain to get past the bows you have to start with since the low end arrow fletching is borked, but worth it in the long run.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
Not to detract from the summon-arrow issue, but take up fletching to help your inventory problem. Components take up much less room that the arrows they produce (every combine creates a stack of arrows iirc). It's a bit of a pain to get past the bows you have to start with since the low end arrow fletching is borked, but worth it in the long run.

If that's true then I will. When I played live I think each combine gave 5 arrows. So if you do the math, 4 full stacks of components needed to make an arrow will yield 100 arrows (assuming you never fail). So I was under the impression that 4 full stacks of fletching equipment would yield 5 full stacks of arrows. Considering the cost of the components, the space the components consume (need an empty fletching kit), and the time it takes to drag each component 1 at a time and click combine, it wasn't worth my time. I may be wrong but that was the original assumption I had.

If someone can confirm the stack-per-combine point, then I will start picking up fletching immediately.

(I know that I will want to fletch in the future but for right now I don't have the money to advance a tradeskill. I do plan on it for end game.)

It does create a stack per combine, I'd skillup fletching to 54 iirc, which is where the simplest arrows go trivial. About 100-120ish skill tho, fletching gets insane to skillup imo, anywhere from 3-8p a combine and needing atleast 50 per skillup.

Lets not forget that fletching is a bit messed up..

To hit the high lvls u should mix the combines..

lets say like an example... to any tradeskill u go:

iron
copper
ruby
diamond
platinum
(just example)

on fletching u go

iron
copper
platinum
ruby
diamond..

is all mixxed up.. so for that u need a friend that knows every single combine for the skill up, or u WILL lose money trying to find the correct combine...

so imo up to dmg 3 arrows is ok.. after that u gotta be lucky

There's only 1 stage where what Aline says is true (unless it's become 'more' broken since I did it). Ranger rule #1: take what Aline says with a pinch of salt.
However, fletching is an almost entirely useless waste of money honestly. Maybe, for the sake of 'convenience' (I laugh saying that as a ranger) skill up to where you can make low damage arrows and can get to that skill level easily and cheaply.

Fletching and the way arrows are used by rangers needs a serious look at. Obviously this won't happen for a very, very long time; frankly it took months to get triple attack 'fixed' (and later nurfed) and then many more months before ranger archery dps was looked at, and then it was nurfed twice, at least once hugely (to the point where almost everyone agrees it's lame !).

/begin flames :psyduck:

Whatever item panthernoswar is talking about, for 10dmg summonable arrows (sounds awfully unbalancing....) sounds like the best bet in all honesty!!

phlit said:
There's only 1 stage where what Aline says is true (unless it's become 'more' broken since I did it). Ranger rule #1: take what Aline says with a pinch of salt.
However, fletching is an almost entirely useless waste of money honestly. Maybe, for the sake of 'convenience' (I laugh saying that as a ranger) skill up to where you can make low damage arrows and can get to that skill level easily and cheaply.

Fletching and the way arrows are used by rangers needs a serious look at. Obviously this won't happen for a very, very long time; frankly it took months to get triple attack 'fixed' (and later nurfed) and then many more months before ranger archery dps was looked at, and then it was nurfed twice, at least once hugely (to the point where almost everyone agrees it's lame !).

/begin flames :psyduck:

Whatever item panthernoswar is talking about, for 10dmg summonable arrows (sounds awfully unbalancing....) sounds like the best bet in all honesty!!
If I recall, that item(Fomelo Vanlos, back or shoulder item I forget)will summon one stack of arrows and has a moderately long recast timer.

I've never seen the item myself, but I'm pretty certain it has the effect "Summon Nightmare Arrows" on it.
This summons 1 stack of 10dmg arrows with a 60min recast

brasileira said:
is all mixxed up.. so for that u need a friend that knows every single combine for the skill up, or u WILL lose money trying to find the correct combine...

so imo up to dmg 3 arrows is ok.. after that u gotta be lucky

is this unique to fletching or did all trade skills get changed so that you can combine incorrect components and lose them?

robopirateninja said:
is this unique to fletching or did all trade skills get changed so that you can combine incorrect components and lose them?

For arrows there are 3 different arrowheads, 4 different shafts, 3 nocks and 6 different fletches (as best I can recall).

Every single combination of those components is a valid combine. That gives you some huge number (I'm lazy) of possible combines and the order in which they increase in difficulty is not regular (sometimes downright backwards). Which combine is the next one you want to skill up on? Maybe you pick the right one, maybe you get another trivial combine, or maybe you get something too hard.

There are no incorrect components as long as you have one of each type.

Alton said:
Please ensure this quest is not ranger-only, other classes <3 bows too.

Of course.

phlit said:

It makes one stack per click and there's a long recast.

You can't fomelo Vanlos for it because I don't keep it equiped =) It is 1 stack for 1-2hr refresh time on it, so it balances out since it's only useable for named mobs really.

----
Vanlos

Llanoldar Lluindar said:
For arrows there are 3 different arrowheads, 4 different shafts, 3 nocks and 6 different fletches (as best I can recall).

Every single combination of those components is a valid combine. That gives you some huge number (I'm lazy) of possible combines and the order in which they increase in difficulty is not regular.

Only 216 different combinations.

Back
Top Bottom