More Lag + Freezes / Crashes Zoning / Unable to login only fixed by using a VPN

Woot

Dalayan Adventurer
This has been an issue for some people for a long time, but recently (past month or so?) it's been affecting a lot more people. I'm in NY which is relatively close to the SoD server and I'm starting to experience this issue as well.

So the game can at times become a lot more laggy, have to take many tries to log in, freeze zoning, etc .. all of which is fixed brilliantly by using a VPN to Toronto.

I'm not sure what control the SoD admins / devs actually have over this sort of an issue, but it is definitely a detriment to being able to play effectively and very few people who experience this issue are going to know to use a VPN to Toronto to fix it (or even how to use a VPN perhaps)

Welcome to the pay-to-play version of SoD! This lag seemed to happen around the same time as the patcher update, but it’s hard to figure out how they are connected. My ping will be the same as usual, but my game is lagging anywhere from 5 seconds to minutes behind other people.

there is some issue with routing through cogent at prime time (8 pm est) that seems to happen for me maybe half the week. this being from the southeast united states. apparently this happens to people on both coasts. I realize this is probably beyond the devs to solve short of moving the server itself but it sucks.

Back
Top Bottom