Monks Armor

Dreaddor

Dalayan Beginner
Not 100% sure where to put this but I believe it is the right location... , ok straight to the point.
Why is it Iksar Monk starting gear (quested) is insanely better than the Human Monk starting gear (quested)?
Humans get a little AC on their chest, some AGI and a little bit of resistance, Iksars get the same and haste! Every Iksar piece is superior..
Another point is an Iksar can come to Newport and do the human Monk quest and wear the armor to since the Human Monk armor can also be worn by an Iksar but the Iksars armor cant be worn by a Human..

Stingers vs Newport newbie zone.

Compare.

20 % more exp too , doesnt help much either

As for IKSARS DOING YOUR QUEST , why would they want to , also you should notice that humans are K O S in grobb , and at lvl 10 your not exactly going to a sneak your way in there.

Having to get a chanter to illuse you at lvl 10 ; is way to excessive to justify giving you it.

Btw, this was a legitimate concern. I took a look at the iksar grobb armor and noticed exactly what the post meant. The armor was MUCH better than it should have been for the level you can complete the quests(all of them are possibly doable before 10). I reduced the ac/stats on the iksar armor and made the human armor human only.

I wondered what happened to my stuff ;( - am still wearing it at 37 it was so good...now I have to get better equipment :(

I feel really gimped after this change , I know human armor was noticibily weaker but man iksar armor was one of the great things for monks.
As for it being overpowered , I agree it was kind of easy to do some of the quest portions , but :(

I seem to be having some trouble with this line of quests. I completed the first part, and recieved the shoes with +agi from the female monk trainer NPC...but she won't talk to me now, and I've tried every level up to 14 so far. She keeps saying I need more training, or something along those lines.

I either missed something in the quest script, or I'm doing something wrong.

She should have told you who to go to next when you received the shoes. Try visiting Master Kolan and let me know if he responds correctly.

I just like how Iksars can do the Human quests, but humans cannot do the iksar quests. Where is the justice in that?

Way to revive an old thread :lol:

I think Ill make an Iksar monk too. Sure hope it isnt as useless after the change as I hear. I could always supply better I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom