Monk Soloing abilities

Wiggles

Dalayan Beginner
Hi..

As some of you know I haven't played in quite some time.. Now that I have come back to Winters Roar (glad to be back btw :)) I have come to notice that my ability to solo is a thing of the past. When I first started Winters Roar I couldn't solo either. I spoke with Wiz and some needed changes were implemented, this allow monks the ability to solo again (we weren't beastlords or necro's, but we could still progress alone). Now, it seems, the monk class is in the state I found it in. I tried to solo a dark blue today and feigned when the mob was at 60% AFTER using mend.

What I'm asking for / would like to see, is a change in the defense ability, or the damage output that will allow the monk class to solo once again. I'm not asking for a huge change here, I really don't care if we have 5 minutes down time after every solo kill (although this wouldn't be the funnest) but I'd really just like to be able to progress my character alone, since we all know I won't be getting many groups any time soon :finger:

I really don't know what 'change' would fix this problem without overpowering the class itself, but I feel it is a needed change.

Thanks for your time,
Wiggles

P.S. I believe Melwin stated the class was broke, but I didn't know what his definition of 'broke' was.

Yes, monks are being seriously looked into. They are in their current shape, quite broken on the damage taking part at higher levels. They are fine on the damage giving, however.

I have the same problem as well. Getting a group kind of hard sometimes, with a low population and all. Soloing abilities on emu legit servers are extremely important.

Wiz said:
Yes, monks are being seriously looked into. They are in their current shape, quite broken on the damage taking part at higher levels. They are fine on the damage giving, however.

Not quite sure about the damage giving. Either monks need to be tuned up a bit, or Rangers and Rogues need to get toned down.

Either way I'm happy.

Liam said:
Wiz said:

Not quite sure about the damage giving. Either monks need to be tuned up a bit, or Rangers and Rogues need to get toned down.

Either way I'm happy.

Rangers and rogues should vastly outdamage monks under the right circumstances (bow/backstab).

Back
Top Bottom