Monk direction

tiasc

Dalayan Beginner
I have just started a monk and was wondering about specilizations and their effect on my build.
I have (through level 10) put all points into the Blunt damage/aviodance, and consider using 1HB /2HB end game.
Is this a common monk build, or should I concentrate on adding other specilizations as well?(If so what type?)

Also I am unsure of the availability of good 1HB or 2HB weapons.
Are they readily available and comprable/better than H2H for a monk?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Jinanea

Blunt/Avoidance
Energy/Defense
Sight/Warding

At 65 and 50AAs, you will cap all three of these. Spellcasters substitute Focus/Mind for Blunt/Avoidance. At 300AAs, you cap all 5. Or, that is my understanding.

Don't think of it as a "build". Every little bit helps, but it will not let you do anything you cannot already do fairly well. You also cannot screw it up.

Muurks Combat Boka
1H Blunt
ATK: 8 DELAY: 12
Block+10%
DEX: +15
wt. 0.8
monk

Blunt/Avoidance helps out with blunt weapons, obviously - so far, at least where I'm at, 2hb far outweighs 1hb and h2h in dps. In straight dam/del comparisions 1hb will not be comparable to your fists. For example, at 65 your fists are 13/18 and the best 1hb weapons that I have found so far (I'm not at the end, by any means though) are 12/18 for Staff of Darkness or 14/20 for Cane of Champions and the best h2h that I have found so far is 13/20 for Prismatic Crystal Knuckles. The real benefit of h2h or 1hb weapons at the higher levels is stat bonuses, effects, or procs.

Compare my 1hb and h2h with Liam's Bo Stick, my 2hb, at 33/30 - and this 2hb is one of the first ones that you can get when you start raiding dragons so there are several 2hb that I am aware of that are far better then LBS. I haven't done any kind of "official" parsing but with "average" hits the 2hb hits for about 200 per round if you triple whereas 1hb and h2h adds up to about 120 or so with double attacks on both hands. Something else to consider, using 2 weapons really adds to your agro which is excellent if you are in a pickup group and you are the tank but you don't want to risk agroing the raid mobs - very few monks can last against them very for any length of time and the healers won't be able to keep up the healing on you.

Additionally, at least where I'm at, there are few h2h weapons that are readily available - a couple drop in North Dragonkeep but I think that's it until much later, if at all.

Don't forget about Blade/Strike - this helps out with h2h, so you may want to max this one as well as Blunt/Avoidance

Back
Top Bottom