Mobs missing an insane ammount

gtoo

THE NEMESIS
I have noticed that since the 2.0 patch, (might have been before I havent really played for a couple weeks prior to that) mobs who agro you and run up to hit you, will miss a ridiculous number of times in a row. It happened in Caverns last night but I figured I was just lucky or something, but today I was running around invised in torment and ran into the spider keeper. He saw through my invis and him and his 2 guards proceded to miss me over 70 times in a row, then started to beat the crap out of me. I'm pretty sure this isn't luck!

Yeah, I've been noticing the same thing and mentioned it to a couple gm's. Heres a screenshot of it in action!
loldf6.jpg

I think it might have something to do with the aux tanking code

Ginam

it happened to me tonight in sepulcher.. i just assumed someone had put some odd buff on me beforehand

I believe Jinxat (monk) has been experiencing this in IP since the 2.0 patch. No one else in our raid has seen it. I assumed it was because of reduced mob stats and monk avoidance.

Yea vargg, is right. Alot of times before I engage a mob when Im pulling for example I will get a huge string of misses (anywhere from 10-30). This seems to happen when I am facing away from a mob strangely enough. Some examples are I was running past two eternal statues and fd failed, my back was turned to them and I got a string of about 20 misses from each mob. Another time I was running past the watcher that guards the OP/IP hallway, the one that is permanently up, and I got some video lag and he appeared right on top of me, again he was behind me, and he missed me about 12 times in a row. Lucky me I guess heh.

I have not, however, noticed any difference in avoidance when tanking a mob and facing it. This only seems to occur when my back is turned.

I've noticed that its only when you first agro the mob, for a couple seconds. In the picture i posted i was running through torment agroing a ton of stuff.
I've also experienced it when im facing a mob.

Ginam

That is when I have noticed it also ginam, and the mobs were hitting me from all sides, not just behind.

This was a rather complex bug that I finally identified the last cause of (there was several). It will soon vanish.

Back
Top Bottom