Mentoring

narmarratuk

Dalayan Adventurer
I think will be a cool idea if high level players could join a lowbie for group and select the low level person in the group and enter a command like "#mentor on" and will match the hil level's level to the lower level. The moment the high level leaves the group returns to its normal level or the high level player could use command #mentor off for the same effect while in group. The intention is so that anyone can group with anyone regardless of the level. High level gear will drop in stats as per Req Level rule.

An example of how this function will play out:

1) lvl 15 bobby is looking for a group, for exping or for adpts
2) bobby's friends, who are lvl 65s, group with him and while they have bobby targeted they enter the command #mentor on
3) now the group is nicely lvl 10 so they can help out bobby getting exp or gear from adepts.
4) at any point whoever leaves the group will be back to their normal level as they were before mentoring
5) win!
Should not be that hard to do, I do not think, and can solve many issues with people getting turned off for not finding a group. Just tonight, while I was farming, there was a lvl 36 druid wanting groups for hours in /ooc. can also make adepts, specially the new high tier one, get engaged more often rather than sitting there collecting dust being a wasted talent.

The question isn't if steam client supports it but if seeds of destruction does since that is the client version our server targets.

apparently they were released in expansion 10 and we are on expansion 15
So, just to make sure I understand your response, it think you are like 5 dimensions ahead of me. It is possible since was something available on expansion 10 in live, and SoD currently is on expansion 15. However, it is something that the EQemu still trying to figure out how to implement. Is that right?

yeah. and SOD is dependent on EQEmu for the server side of things(though my understanding is they customize it quite a bit. I know the scripting API is different at least and I know the group/raid system was rewritten at one point because an expansion upgrade broke it.).

Back
Top Bottom