Marlow's Lullabyebye

ryutakin

Dalayan Beginner
Recently the Bracer "Marlow's Lullabye" Was changed down to a 1.4 mod from a 1.6 mod. I can understand somewhat a reason for change but 1.4 seems a bit out of line considering progression.

When comparing instrument All/All mods what comes to mind close to it is definately the Crystalized Djinni voice from plane of Air. This is an item from trash mobs in upper plane of Air giving a 1.6 mod. I've had some people tell me the weapon is a rare drop and i've had other tell me it's not rare at all. I have not a staff point but from my experience the weapon is uncommon at best as i've seen the RNG tend to favor my raids perhaps. Marlow is a raid mob designed right below Arbiter of Air difficulty as she is right the boss right before Before You Wake, who is the boss of the zone and supposedly designed near AoA.

It seems a bit off to me the Mod on the bracer is 1.4 as apposed to a weapon off an easier mob around iffy the same difficulty.

I'd like to see the bracer atleast go up to a 1.5 mod, if not back to it's original state, to make it atleast a little more desireable for bards around the encounter

Thank you for watching my show and Good Night

I have meaning to post about this, and am glad Ryu did it or else I would have continued to forget. I think 1.5 seems reasonable since the SF2 bard items is 1.3 all mod and the PoA sword is 1.6. I think having to jam up a weapon slot to get an all mod is pretty bad, so leaving the sword at 1.6 and moving this bracer to 1.5 seems about right (the bracer is VERY good stat wise for bards and other classes). Considering the bard sword comes from trash, and the bracer comes from near the end of PoN, I think the mods should be adjusted accordingly.

brasileira said:
It is only PoN level however

I think it's pretty fair for it's tier as is but that's just me

And CDV is PoA tier, and off of trash. It is way harder to get Marlow's Lullaby then it is to get a CDV.

Yea i don't see the reasoning behind decreasing the all instrument mod to 1.4 either since the CDV is off trash off late PoA which is in the same tier level as late PoN. IMHO, they should be be the same mod.

It's all about being bound to the sword forever until you get BDC. Bracer slot is far more versatile to work around than a weapon slot.

If someone wants to post full stats of the bracer, I can form a more accurate opinion.

Just fomelo me

It's been stated where these things drop from and what they are from. Progressionwise it just doesn't seem to add up

Voice is bound to secondary, lullaby is one of two interchangeable slots which do not greatly effect dps.
The voice itself has subpar stats even for it's tier besides the modifier

I changed the wrist's instrument ratio while we were redoing thaz mods and spitballed it at a 1.4 because I figured that wouldn't hurt anything. I'll consider bumping it back to a 1.5 but whether or not that happens depends on how hard it ends up being to do all the other shit to bards that I'm planning on doing*.

* Short answer is: make instrument mods help almost all bard songs at the high end instead of only a few, and repair all the broken abilities--be they unusably bad or retardedly good

Also, basically when the bard mods at the high end were chaned, Wiz requested that the rest of them (ie the lower ones, etc.) all be looked at and brought in line, which hasn't been done yet. Expect that change to come soon.

Back
Top Bottom