Marlow Deity quest rewards

Gloraxyourfaceoff

Dalayan Beginner
Quick question:

Was dropping 8 charisma between the second to last aug and the final marlow aug an intentional design of the quest rewards? It would seem that the charisma should have been upped from 8 to 10 like most of the other stats, rather than taking it down to 0.

The following is a repeat the original Marlow Aug quest thread, and has been stated a few times since then

The augs themselves need to be balanced against all the other Deity augs, which will vary drastically in quality. The variance is to off set, just a little bit, the loot you give up for not being able to raid certain zones, but also exp zones you can't partake in are accounted for as well. This pretty much means that:

a) The augs will NOT be equal, but will have a definite hierarchy (Enthann and the like will be at the bottom, Tarhyl at the very top)

b) The stats on the augs WILL likely change as more are released. That means some may be nerfed to bring them in line with ones that should be better. We won't itemize ourselves into a corner by being to afraid to make an item weaker.

Don't you min/maxers worry about NEEDING to swear to some deity to maximize your stats or something. This will work out in the long run. For now you'll just have to have faith...

Expect the final stats for that, and the other deity augs, in the near future.

wth we all know the augs stats aren't definitive ; OP just stating we lost CHA on the upgrade to a following version of the aug - which I didn't notice myself tbh - and is more than likely a oversight as it's extremely rare upgraded items & stuff lose stats compare to the previous.
Although I heard some thaz & combine items lost some stats and resists for no reason (hi Combine chain bracer or gloves that lost ac to Ornate iirc ; or upgraded thaz bard bp losing AC). But for a deity aug I dare think it's an oversight.

I'll try to be more explicit.

I am aware of the problem, and it, and all deity augs are will be adjusted. These changes, which include adjustments up and down of all the other stats, will occur all at once, to all the deity augs currently in game, in the near future.

Or in other words, ya, the stats are a bit messed up progression wise, but I'm not gonna change it to make sense, when I'm just gonna be readjusting it anyway in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom