Make Dalaya Great Again

I can pretty much guarantee you if the server was reset or they splintered off a new server you'd have a flurry of players at the start 1-65 and then once people had to actually compete again there would be a massive dropoff. People seem to remember that whole spirit of competition thing with nostalgia, what they don't remember is logging on for raid night and having content they don't want to kill up or cleaning up table scraps or losing a race or having to squat on raid targets in order to get what they want. You don't even need to go that far back in history, look at Goon Squad and how much bile and complaint threads about 'nothing t10-ish to kill' were put up. And that's not even at the peak population probably a decade ago.

Haven't even breached people losing years of work on their characters. How many people are going to look at the wall they have to climb and go 'yeah cool let's go' versus 'fuck it, I'm going to play fortnite?' It's all fun until it's not fun.

Or if we're just shitposting, Do It For Mr. Cuck

'Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.'

ya but.... wen dat server reset tho...???

header.jpg

When Marza gets unleashed to do as he will to a virgin SoD server’s content, the dead shall rise from the graves, Chillville shitposting shall be born anew, and the McCoys will once again whine as their Hatfield better take the spawns they desire and paintbrush their dirty pleb faces with their massive e-peens.

Oh yeah, and host Dare Game Mk. IV as a revival celebration. Do it. Do It for Mr. Cuck.

I feel like this can be accomplished without a server reset. Better gear through the dream. Your Guildmaster will give you all buffs like an augur that are SB and last 5 hours, all dependent on your level range. Me and my paladin family Gimdar were talking about this yesterday. It would be hard for me to lose the 8 sweet years I have spent on Fugpug for him to be where he is.

I feel like this can be accomplished without a server reset. Better gear through the dream. Your Guildmaster will give you all buffs like an augur that are SB and last 5 hours, all dependent on your level range. Me and my paladin family Gimdar were talking about this yesterday. It would be hard for me to lose the 8 sweet years I have spent on Fugpug for him to be where he is.

Gear and buffs....?

GEAR... AND... BUFFS?

Holy cow, genius.

I'm having the time of my SoDLife at the moment!

Not a lot of bugs, the major ones I can think of are invis people when zoning, and "invisible" groups (Disband is Active, although not in a group), both are fixed pretty fast and easy.
(I hear some people have lag issues, which is super bad, but pretty sure it's not the SoD clients or servers fault, what do I know...)

New content, new spells, longer buff timers, buggs getting fixed, recast on many spells reduced greatly, balancing of items and class that most people can get behind, spelling errors corrected, item icons updated, items getting new looks, new class/race combo, a unique new zone and so on and so on.
So much is happening, I'm sure I'm neglecting to mention important stuff... We moved from IRQ to Discord, for example.

I also feel I see more and more people asking noob questions in the /ooc, and even our top tier players are chipping in with answers, fast.

So all in all, I think SoD is pretty great right now. Always rooom for improvement, but man I feel there is being done a great job trying to do just that.

I'm having the time of my SoDLife at the moment!

Not a lot of bugs, the major ones I can think of are invis people when zoning, and "invisible" groups (Disband is Active, although not in a group), both are fixed pretty fast and easy.
(I hear some people have lag issues, which is super bad, but pretty sure it's not the SoD clients or servers fault, what do I know...)

New content, new spells, longer buff timers, buggs getting fixed, recast on many spells reduced greatly, balancing of items and class that most people can get behind, spelling errors corrected, item icons updated, items getting new looks, new class/race combo, a unique new zone and so on and so on.
So much is happening, I'm sure I'm neglecting to mention important stuff... We moved from IRQ to Discord, for example.

I also feel I see more and more people asking noob questions in the /ooc, and even our top tier players are chipping in with answers, fast.

So all in all, I think SoD is pretty great right now. Always rooom for improvement, but man I feel there is being done a great job trying to do just that.

say NO to drugs kids.

Hey so, Everquest did server resets and tier locked progression servers. The same could be done here, unlocking a raid tier every 2 months. this way hardcore players can still progress, getting plat for plat charm and other main quests. I enjoyed shards a ton, I respect that players still play live. thats fine, don't wipe them, just host a new server for new players. see how it runs. it could bring hype back. I played live progression and I must say, Shards used everquest content so fucking well, plane of fire in live was a joke, but remembering it in shards, it had the most insane hardcore fights.

when that new server gets gold, just have a merger into the old one that is currently running. this would bring more players into the game.

Last edited:
Hey so, Everquest did server resets and tier locked progression servers. The same could be done here, unlocking a raid tier every 2 months. this way hardcore players can still progress, getting plat for plat charm and other main quests. I enjoyed shards a ton, I respect that players still play live. thats fine, don't wipe them, just host a new server for new players. see how it runs. it could bring hype back. I played live progression and I must say, Shards used everquest content so fucking well, plane of fire in live was a joke, but remembering it in shards, it had the most insane hardcore fights.

New server for new players & returning old players..... Progression locked??? Stop it, The game might actually become popular again, better bring this thread to the trash bin ASAP.

Make Dalaya Fierce again....

Imagine all the drama over EF spawns for example, 4.3, Vah assassinations, when you have 100+ chars who all need it, all at once.

All of the gay shit people don't like would still remain, though, and you'd just get super congested raid content on top of that. Like the first reply pointed out above, when we had Peak Goon in 2010-2012 all of the things that tier was constantly down due to a network of track account using nerds in Goon Squad, and you had stuff like the quote in my sig as regular in-game and forums drama even though this case was just Solo making fun of someone who was raging out over losing a race to claim something. The game has issues of course but a server reset won't fix them. Main issue is probably platinum dollars for charms which I assume with small server population and no BOE market is probably a nightmare now. I did it with BOE selling and supplied whatever newbies were out there with a lot of good BOE gear to get 2 of my 3 character's charms.

No idea how you'd get new players in but the content in this game is really top notch (especially "more recent" higher tier stuff) and if you go piss around on classic-style EQ servers like p99 you'll easily see the difference and appreciate it. It's also probably I guess hard content too though since it seems very few other players other than the same ones who always did have killed it since I last played in 2014.

A reset would be exactly like what the first reply (the best post) suggests it would be. Not really much of a point.

PP is not hard at all. I'm "working" on my 6th Supreme, I have almost enough for an Eternal, and it's only been like 3-4 months, I'm passing on splits in groups, and I'm not really farming... :rolleyes:o_O

Perhaps it's the new Opus system, that makes me hit plat zones more than I remember.

Anyway, I agree with your post Zapple; it would be horrible, unless you like to be horrible :p:cool:

All of the gay shit people don't like would still remain, though, and you'd just get super congested raid content on top of that. Like the first reply pointed out above, when we had Peak Goon in 2010-2012 all of the things that tier was constantly down due to a network of track account using nerds in Goon Squad, and you had stuff like the quote in my sig as regular in-game and forums drama even though this case was just Solo making fun of someone who was raging out over losing a race to claim something. The game has issues of course but a server reset won't fix them. Main issue is probably platinum dollars for charms which I assume with small server population and no BOE market is probably a nightmare now. I did it with BOE selling and supplied whatever newbies were out there with a lot of good BOE gear to get 2 of my 3 character's charms.

No idea how you'd get new players in but the content in this game is really top notch (especially "more recent" higher tier stuff) and if you go piss around on classic-style EQ servers like p99 you'll easily see the difference and appreciate it. It's also probably I guess hard content too though since it seems very few other players other than the same ones who always did have killed it since I last played in 2014.

A reset would be exactly like what the first reply (the best post) suggests it would be. Not really much of a point.
I miss you zapple!!! Also plat is easier than ever at the moment

I agree, plat does come pretty easy these days. I don't have a terrible demand for it myself since I don't make alts but in the last few months Ive gifted about 350k towards several guild members charms.

Back
Top Bottom