Main Quest, Learn the History problem with William Defar

Danny12345

Dalayan Beginner
WARNING: Possible spoilers as to the main quest! :END WARNING

Short synopsis:
When hailed, William Defar does not send me to the next step, but the quest seems to acknowledge that I have completed it.

Long overview:

Name of Quest NPC: William Defar
Stage of the Quest: Master Quest: He sent me around to speak with 8 various people all over Dalaya. Return home to speak to him, and... he gives his spiel about me running around to find these 8 various people all over Dalaya, and when it lists them immediately afterwards "You have spoken to..." appears before every entry. I hit them all.

What he says: A lot to type... if needed I can add this in later.

Exact Names of NPCs Involved in this Error: Williiam Defar.
Aliases unknown or none given.

My own speculation: I finished step 1 when I was lower level, got the shiny gemstone of learning, and did not proceed to 'recieve' the next quest, instead gated and ran to install my new shiney immediately. Then, many levels later, began running around to speak to NPCs, got the credit for each person/historical event, and confused the quest trigger by 'completing' the quest before I had been officially 'given' it.

Character affected: Seritario, level 41 enchanter.

I ran the quest with two of my characters at once, but forgot one half way across the world in freeport, so I don't know if they are both affected or just the one. Got lazy after runnin around all day! Will try with the other character hopefully tomorrow to see if he is also affected.

Much appreciated,
- Hrandol, level 41 beastlord.

Update, 8/20

William Defar still does not let me complete the quest, and I do not feel disposed to run around again especially considering when I hail him he already tells me "You have spokem with X..." for all of the entries.

Also, my BST was able to complete the quest without issue, so it is just the one character. I ran them around together, so I don't see how the one is affected and the other is not.

Did not want to petition this in game because it seems out of the typical 'quest' petition-able realm.

Any ideas?

Are you 100% sure Defar is your MQ quest NPC? I noticed that all three of the early stage MQ NPCs will give you the "You have spoken to..." status messages when you hail them. Might be worth hailing the other two to check it out.

hoochathome said:
Are you 100% sure Defar is your MQ quest NPC?

Absolutely positively. He was on the Summons as well as gave Seritario the Augment from completing the first part.

Thank you for the responce, though! Will hopefully check him at some point today to see if anything has changed.

*Edit*
William Defar is still very unhelpful. Seritario hailed him and no luck. I tried skipping him and going to see the Seeker, and she did not respond to my presense.
His journal only has one active quest, and that is Gods and Mortals. Maybe the journal thinks he did the quest, but Defar disagrees and never rewarded him properly? Confused!

- Regards,
Hrandol

Back
Top Bottom