main quest help, william defar - old character

whelm

Dalayan Adventurer
I am having issues with the main quest. William Defar will not respond to me. I have been through the dream multiple times, had my 'mysterious summons' re-summoned by a gm at least twice, and after having my petition dismissed I am posting here.

The character's name is Whelm and he was created sometime in 2004, so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. I appreciate any help, thanks.

Ok so this is still unresolved, William Defar refuses to speak. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I joined the Council of Innovation? I don't know when, but it's possible that I did before I attempted the main quest.

All of what is written in the above post still stands. Is there anyone who can help me?

There are 2 or 3 other NPC's that this step could be instead of William. Have you tried talking to them?

There are 2 or 3 other NPC's that this step could be instead of William. Have you tried talking to them?

He'd mentioned that his summons is telling him to see William.

It's not in his active quests, inactive, nor completed, but he does have the Dream in the completed list twice I think.

He also has a council of innovation badge.

Ok so this is still unresolved, William Defar refuses to speak. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I joined the Council of Innovation? I don't know when, but it's possible that I did before I attempted the main quest.

All of what is written in the above post still stands. Is there anyone who can help me?

By any chance did you get your gem of learning already?

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?p=144106&posted=1#post144106

Similar problem, only he's received his first gem and is trying to get part 2 done.

That's a good idea, but I just tried it and Bram, Haley, Eranos and William all just say 'Hello there."

No I don't have my gem of learning yet. But you're right... it does sound similar to that other person's problem.

Back
Top Bottom