Magician Changes Made?

Hesyous

Dalayan Elder
First time posting and I had to look through the forums to see where I should post. I think this is the right area since I am talking about Mage changes.

I haven't played in a long time due to....marriage, kids and life! WOO ME! Anyway, I just started playing again when I have time and noticed differences.

I have the AA that turns me in to a Water elemental. That also turns whatever pet I have in to a water elemental and gives them a random proc of lifetap or something liek that. It heals the pet and I per proc.

I noticed that it doesn't proc as often as it did in the past. I understand if the Dev team felt it was OP in the past and wanted to balance it.

There are a few other changes I've noticed as well, like I can't heal my pet as often. The cooldown for my pet heal is REALLY long now. It makes soloing that much more difficult.

Anyway, my question is; Could someone please respond to this post and tell me all the changes made from approximately early last year 2013 to now, done to Mages? Or, is there a post somewhere I can read the changes?

Thank you for your time,
Mike
Hesyous 65 Mage - SoD lover

I don't know much about Mage specific changes, I would just recommend tracking down "a really good Mage guy" in game. Someone like Zapple, if his computer gets fixed, or Shimone. Or, if they can't be found, maybe just ask ooc.

I seem to remember something about a pet's hp being reduced. Though that could have just been the R2.

Channeling was completely changed, so you may have noticed that, or not, depending on your channeling.

Anyways, welcome back and congratulations on all the real life fun.

Last edited:
Thanks much! Enasc.....your name is so familiar. I remember Zapple and Shimone in game too. Names that is. I believe one of them helped me out get my ....Grup faction to Doubious. And I found that I am half way to getting my pet Silks Spells....now to find a group to get more items. :)

As for Channeling...not sure. I just know that I used to have 2 pet heals memorized and casting one after another with a slight delay (refresh) before casting again. Now they both go out when I cast 1 and the refresh is ....well, it's something I really don't care for. It's a major nerf.

I don't know much about Mage specific changes, I would just recommend tracking down "a really good Mage guy" in game. Someone like Zapple, if his computer gets fixed, or Shimone. Or, if they can't be found, maybe just ask ooc.

I seem to remember something about a pet's hp being reduced. Though that could have just been the R2.

Channeling was completely changed, so you may have noticed that, or not, depending on your channeling.

Anyways, welcome back and congratulations on all the real life fun.

Enasc is correct bout pet HP. After a patch, they found a bug or something in pet's hp code. They removed that and I think it was 1 k + hp drop for my relic pet with companion health 7 or 8. As to the pet heals for as long as I played they're all on the same recast timer, and the cool down is 20 seconds because, F mages?

Enasc is correct bout pet HP. After a patch, they found a bug or something in pet's hp code. They removed that and I think it was 1 k + hp drop for my relic pet with companion health 7 or 8. As to the pet heals for as long as I played they're all on the same recast timer, and the cool down is 20 seconds because, F mages?

Ok.....I was just off with the heal thing then. But I know my pet was more....powerful in general before. I tried to do a few things I did before and my pet died a bit faster so....I though there was a change somewhere.

Thanks for the heads up. If you have anything else to point out please let me know.

Don't Necros have a way to pretty much consistantly heal their pets. Like a HoT or something? I wish Mages had something like that, even if it were an AA.

*I am not complaining, just asking a question and wishing in my head for something nice ;)

Don't Necros have a way to pretty much consistantly heal their pets. Like a HoT or something? I wish Mages had something like that, even if it were an AA.

*I am not complaining, just asking a question and wishing in my head for something nice ;)
Necromancers have duration life tap lines. One taps hp for the necro, one for the pet.

When comparing mage and necromancer pets, you should also remember that necromancer pets are significantly weaker in every aspect that I can think of, other than look cool points.

Mage pets are very strong. /tell me in game if you'd like more details, Hesyous.

Thanks Enasc. You are very correct about the strength difference. I am aware of it....at least a little bit. I've seen a Necro pet lay waste to stuff though....and that lifetap is pretty awesome. The Relic Pet, which I am hoping to be blessed with at some point of time is ...absolutely awesome. I've seen it in action so many times and the mage I used to hang out with had a few tomes (pet tomes) along with max AAs. His relic pet could solo stuff in Ikisith....my non-relic pet couldn't dream of it. MAYBE now that I have clarity from my other thread (Mage Pet AAs) I will be able to buff my pet up enough to be sorta close to what the Relic pet is. Sorta..... Also, the Ikisith mobs I am talking about are some of the weakest ones you can fight. I can solo them, but barely. They hit SO hard and my pet doesn't have the HP nor the armor/dodge/parry or whatever else defensive stuff he needs to tank the Iki mobs decently.

Sorry if you think i am ranting, I am just pointing out what I've witnessed.

Thanks Enasc. You are very correct about the strength difference. I am aware of it....at least a little bit. I've seen a Necro pet lay waste to stuff though....and that lifetap is pretty awesome. The Relic Pet, which I am hoping to be blessed with at some point of time is ...absolutely awesome. I've seen it in action so many times and the mage I used to hang out with had a few tomes (pet tomes) along with max AAs. His relic pet could solo stuff in Ikisith....my non-relic pet couldn't dream of it. MAYBE now that I have clarity from my other thread (Mage Pet AAs) I will be able to buff my pet up enough to be sorta close to what the Relic pet is. Sorta..... Also, the Ikisith mobs I am talking about are some of the weakest ones you can fight. I can solo them, but barely. They hit SO hard and my pet doesn't have the HP nor the armor/dodge/parry or whatever else defensive stuff he needs to tank the Iki mobs decently.

Sorry if you think i am ranting, I am just pointing out what I've witnessed.

Your AA frenzied burnout now has a HoT component too it.
In my experience water illusion is the way to go, unless you got a druid box to HoT your pet, then fire illusion.
There is a shield with 100 ac that drops in tears of elael, you will need a relic pet for that due to the level req.

There have been many discussions about the in ability of a mage to heal their pet in /ooc back when I had time to play. My view point has always been around,
I know they don't want a mage to be able to chain heal a pet, but that annoyance I get. I just killed a mob, I'm at 95 % mana, my pet is at 38 % hp, and I have to cast my 20 second cool down heal 5 times to get him ready for the next mob.

I just box a druid now or go where the mobs are so easy it doesn't matter.

Not sure what necro pet you saw "laying waste" to anything that was not a green con to the necro. Generally speaking, my (relic or runic) pet is very little of my dps. More specifically, less than 10%. Clckies might even out dps my pet, I'll look into that.

Unless maybe it was a charmed pet in Murk or Remnants or something. Those can put out better dps with some significant risk to the charmer's life. Fair trade, in my opinion.

Didn't look like ranting to me, but I just wanted to be careful when people start comparing Nec/Mag and wanting aspects of the other class. The classes, for all of our similarities, are very different. I like them different, it gives each class distinction, keeps people playing both.

Not sure what necro pet you saw "laying waste" to anything that was not a green con to the necro. Generally speaking, my (relic or runic) pet is very little of my dps. More specifically, less than 10%. Clckies might even out dps my pet, I'll look into that.

Unless maybe it was a charmed pet in Murk or Remnants or something. Those can put out better dps with some significant risk to the charmer's life. Fair trade, in my opinion.

Didn't look like ranting to me, but I just wanted to be careful when people start comparing Nec/Mag and wanting aspects of the other class. The classes, for all of our similarities, are very different. I like them different, it gives each class distinction, keeps people playing both.

HAHA! You set me straight. It was a charmed pet.....I remember now. hehe

And I can't agree with you more about class differences. Yes, I like them VERY different and love that part of them.

Your AA frenzied burnout now has a HoT component too it.
In my experience water illusion is the way to go, unless you got a druid box to HoT your pet, then fire illusion.
There is a shield with 100 ac that drops in tears of elael, you will need a relic pet for that due to the level req.

There have been many discussions about the in ability of a mage to heal their pet in /ooc back when I had time to play. My view point has always been around,
I know they don't want a mage to be able to chain heal a pet, but that annoyance I get. I just killed a mob, I'm at 95 % mana, my pet is at 38 % hp, and I have to cast my 20 second cool down heal 5 times to get him ready for the next mob.

I just box a druid now or go where the mobs are so easy it doesn't matter.

I have Water Illusion. And yes, it is awesome. I can't remember what Fire Illusion does off the top of my head. I'd have to read it again. I do not have Frenzied Burnout yet. The main reason is the 1 hour 12 mins cooldown. I think that is a big harsh for a quick use.

That shield you are talking about is a 'pet item'? Also, do you have your pet Silks Spell? I have 5 Spec Essences 1 Torn Page saved up....do you know exactly where to go for the last part? Supposedly after I turn in all the items, Essences, silks and pages you have to go back and kill an apprentice for a last piece of the spell. I need help with that one day and any info would be awesome.

I need your opinion about a pet and which is the overall best for soloing. So far my Air pet with Water Illusion has proven to be the best pet. That stun is crazy nice. However, if you weren't to use your Relic, which Pet would you summon the most while using Water Illusion and soloing?

The water form proc is a 99 point group heal that is affected by tomes, focus etc. No idea if proc rate was changed, if it was no player was informed. Frenzy Burnout got a HOT component making it slightly more useful. The Elemental Embodiment tome was made more useful and bugfixed--was not triggering off a lot of spells and on some was giving obscene amounts of mana back. These are the noteworthy changes.

The pet heal has always been 20s reuse and mostly useless past the early 65 phase. This is why my first real alt was a cleric (Nublia) to kind of sort of try to heal my pet while boxing. If you don't have relic pet yet, then yes use air.

The water form proc is a 99 point group heal that is affected by tomes, focus etc. No idea if proc rate was changed, if it was no player was informed. Frenzy Burnout got a HOT component making it slightly more useful. The Elemental Embodiment tome was made more useful and bugfixed--was not triggering off a lot of spells and on some was giving obscene amounts of mana back. These are the noteworthy changes.

The pet heal has always been 20s reuse and mostly useless past the early 65 phase. This is why my first real alt was a cleric (Nublia) to kind of sort of try to heal my pet while boxing. If you don't have relic pet yet, then yes use air.

Frenzy Burnout is a nice thing to have but I feel that the 1 hour 12 min CD is a bit harsh. Of course I will be getting that at some point of time. And, thanks for answering about the pet. I've been using Air, because after much testing it's by far the best pet.

Too bad there is no AA to speed up Burnout. Best off getting mend and the hastened aa's for it, but it still has a recast of 9 minutes after that. And just need to check Kaesora for people there, and see if you can sneak into their groups :)

Yep, I have Mend and full haste, 9 mins. WELL worth it. I am in a guild with some cool people, maybe I can manipulate their thoughts and have them help me. My force powers are pretty weak though. :)

Hey, never hurts to ask. Especially if you have guildies that have pets (necro, bst) that will want those silks for their pets also. I'll look for you if I head that way.

Back
Top Bottom