lvl 53 nec spell Convergence (rez)

Melodico

Dalayan Elder
http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Spell:_Convergence

Currently, the necro rez has a reagent of a ruby, as well as a 6 second cast time and a 20 sec cooldown.

I request that the cooldown be eliminated. The "cost" of the spell remains with the reagent, and I feel that wipe recovery on raids could be accelerated by more classes being able to contribute to quick rezzing.

Considering the context of the spell, I see no downside to this change. If necessary, make it comparable to standard priest rez clickies so necros aren't given an advantage.

-pazms

I feel like this was intentional because NEC are not priest's... healing and rezzing fast is one of their archetype niche's. They can't FD like a NEC can either, in terms of advantages.

I feel like this was intentional because NEC are not priest's... healing and rezzing fast is one of their archetype niche's. They can't FD like a NEC can either, in terms of advantages.
Actually let me ask about necro res - I have a necro alt but never play it. What's the recast/cooldown time? It's not so much showing up the other classes, but given that it costs a (pricy) component, perhaps it's worth making a case to shorten that too, I'm not sure.

Intentional at the time or not, the topic of this thread was recently(ish) up for discussion in the spell changes thread. So it appears that current developers may consider the ruby cost sufficient to offset not being a priest.

If I remember correctly, the general consensus in that thread was that no one cared a whole lot either way. I'm of the same opinion now.

This line of thinking isn't always followed to a tee: case and point 4.3 weapon. Also, as discussed, a necro has to use a ruby to cast it. HUGE downfall compared to priests.

There is no reason to slow wipe recovery times by limiting recasts on spells like rez. I again reiterate, there is no downside to this. Priests will not suddenly be replaced by a necro via this change.

Lets consult the old checklist:

1. Does this change remove a pointless annoyance? [check]
2. Does this change in no way step on anyones toes? [check]
3. Would implementing this change be very easy? [check]

Uh oh, three checks. It'll never happen. Looking for two or more Xs.

If this change was implemented you might as well just make lifeward purchasable as well as the convergence spell. And there are definitely reason's to consider recovery time in raid encounters, the encounters in Tur'ruj and Thaz come to mind. Working your raid recovery is part of the raiding game. Getting some reagent con and a ruby is also nbd in my experience and the cost of being the only caster class with a rez in the first place.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to a quested/lootable spell/clicky for necromancer's that was improved over convergence. In a similar vein to the priests getting clickies beyond their own rez spells .

Back
Top Bottom