LOIO QOL and Tweaks Suggestions

DodoBot

Dalayan Elder
Since we decided to visit adding R1 pieces to the LOIO fort, I would propose the following additional minor QOL tweaks. These were derived after going through the questlines on 3 different toons to various stages of completion. These should NOT significantly affect balance or flavor of the zone, but they would make certain aspects a lot less frustrating and feel more polished.
  • Allow Ambient Accumulator upgrades that have not been turned in to be sold back to Fenthwick - Since the items are turned into him when you upgrade, the lore tag does not prevent accidental purchase a of duplicate. Allowing a sale back eliminates the need to petition a goof up (easy to do if you have multiple toons at the vendor).
  • Remove see-invis and KOS mobs from around Almik. They could easily be moved just out of the way. It seems they serve no purpose but to annoy people trying to talk to him.
  • Make cryospines / lacertails animal flagged so that they can be charmed by druids.
  • Increase droprate for Pumpwork Gaskets.
  • Potentially increase droprate for Essence Fragments or tweak the leashing mechanic for the undead so it is a larger radius before it activates.
  • Fix bug where undead mobs leashing back to their posts causes the ENC / BRD Runework Pet to poof.
  • Allow Yclistinite Bits to drop from mobs in The Bloodied Quarry. This fits lore and allows an alternative place to farm them for upgrading the Ambient Accumulator.
  • Balance the spawn rate of named so that a particular turtle is less common and some the rare named are more likely to pop.
  • Improve the usability of some of the rewards for the A.I.L.V.I.K. event.
  • Add additional food or drink turnins similar to the food gained from turning in eggs - perhaps even some minor tradeskill component or conversion for each of the TS vendors.
  • Add a zone-out to Prophet's Landing (could be another automaton or a Resistance Scout who could appear with sufficient faction and let you exit - safely around the mist).
  • Reinstate the Safe Aug Removing Mechanic in some capacity.
  • Add recipes or quest turnins for the strange no drop items throughout the zone (Weird Meat, Superfluous Linkage, Very Thick Belt)
  • Add additional mobs to the (mostly empty) area around the Ikild. This increases flavor and potentially allows an alternative place to hunt for Badges. Isn't Ikild still a living city? I would think there should be similar numbers of guards to those in Field of Bone.
  • Add some dialogue or mobs to flesh out the empty zonelines in zone.
  • Potentially acknowledge the existence of other cells of resistance throughout Ikisith or have some lore dialogue that ties in with the Seekers and the Behemoth quest. Flesh out a bit on the nature of the mist.
Feel free to chime in if you think there's anything I missed.

Last edited:
Insider info. Any item with “yclistnite” in its name can be traded to the forge master for bits. Rarer items offer more bits. (I might have removed dreadblade)

A lot of applicable items drop already in blood quarry. I don’t know if anyone figured this out.
I did know that - but it's good to put it out there. I was mainly thinking of monsters in this zone dropping small numbers of bits directly into your inventory, similar to mobs in LOIO. This particularly makes sense for me with the mobs who are mining it. It adds another cool place to grind bits in addition to the lake, and it makes sense lore wise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom