Login issues

Manluas

Dalayan Elder
Hey everyone,

for various reasons I have been playing around with SoD the past couple of days.
I do however encounter this upon logging in. Everything else works fine but login can't build a connection to the server. Has anyone else encountered something similar or is there something known client wise? Any help or even better fix would be much appreciated.

It usually works out once in a while. I do NOT have any problems connecting to any given live server with a working F2P copy, so it seems to be something with the SoD client or loginserver.

Could this be some security settings with our router?

upload_2017-6-28_21-37-54.png

Last edited:
Sometimes when I have this issue, I just hit tab and enter repeatedly until it inevitably logs me in. Don't ask why.

first thing i'd do is try connecting w/o the router to confirm that's where the problem is
then i'd log in to your router and check what ports its blocking (usually there's a tab labeled port forwarding or something similar), I'm not 100% sure on the ports SoD uses but iirc the eq client generally requires an absurd amount of ports to be open (essentially everything >= 1024)

first thing i'd do is try connecting w/o the router to confirm that's where the problem is
then i'd log in to your router and check what ports its blocking (usually there's a tab labeled port forwarding or something similar), I'm not 100% sure on the ports SoD uses but iirc the eq client generally requires an absurd amount of ports to be open (essentially everything >= 1024)

Looked into this, found out, that our router operates with IPv6.
Had our host refigurate to IPv4, seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your input :)

Back
Top Bottom