Locked mobs

Wollywack

Dalayan Adventurer
I think it would be great if season/non-season locked mobs unlocked themselves after the mob clears its aggro and is back to full health. Ran into an issue where a non-seasonal player in undercaverns would aggro several mobs, feign death, and move on to other mobs. I don't think it was anything malicious, they just pulled too many to handle but then it locks others out of progression. All we could do is evac and run back through the zone again. In some situations there's no other way around than to just wait for the mob to unlock and hope it doesn't get locked out again before the timer is up. I know 20 mins (or whatever it is) isn't that long in the grand scheme of things but I think this could be a nice middle ground.

The worst part is I've had a locked mob attacking me. Thankfully I was close to a zone line so I survived but if I can't attack them I would really prefer it if they couldn't attack me either.

The worst part is I've had a locked mob attacking me. Thankfully I was close to a zone line so I survived but if I can't attack them I would really prefer it if they couldn't attack me either.
That was our issue. We were way in the back of undercaverns when 3 locked mobs aggroed on us. We would've been fine if they weren't locked but there's no way mana would've held out to heal through 20 mins until they unlocked. So we just had to evac and start over.

Then when we finally get back to where we were a different one aggros us. That time we ended up just pulling it away and sacrificing one char while the others camped out and then rezzed the sacrifice.

I can sort of understand locked mobs still attacking, I think it probably helps avoiding situations where you could just cheese through stuff by running through and locking mobs on the way to what you're trying to get to... But I think if they reset when their aggro reset (or whatever, no idea how that all works behind the scenes) then it could avoid both problems. Along with a shorter lock duration so you might be able to actually heal through the occasional accidental aggro until the lock wears off.

Also annoying that mobs including locked ones will attack you for just walking by while they were attacking someone else. kinda related to the issue SKs were having if you don't do damage the agro isn't real and mobs will just run off to what ever toon they want.

As of right now, the seasonal lockout timer duration will not change.

The duration is:
(30 minutes x MobLevel / 65)

I can see the rationale of not changing it for this season, but I would appreciate some brand of assurance that it won't be the same in future seasons.

I don't know why its 30 minutes, it just leads to scenarios where players are made a victim more often than not in fear of preventing some hypothetical exploit situation. When I last played my experience involved multiple attempts to go to exp zones to find out the unavoidable entrance mobs were locked out and we had no way to bypass them. For days I had heard about players dying deep in undercaverns because somebody locked mobs and they had no idea this even existing until now. New players have an incredibly jarring experience thrown at them out of nowhere. There is now an invisible, ever lurking janky enemy that could be around every corner and ruin your gameplay experience.

I even had a fun experience of a player training near an entire zone on me and subsequently locking me out of it for 30 minutes. Once again unable to bypass mobs that saw through invis. I am just unable to enter the zone. This is obviously a freak scenario and should never have happened. However plenty of times wipes occur or succors occur and the fun little time bomb that could is sitting around every corner.

I don't know the feasability of this change but having a mob have a *L* or *S* or something appended to its name when locked would be a massive improvement over assuming people consider everything infront of them at all times. I've seen mob names changed in real time so I assume something would be possible.

I would love to know why it must be 30 minutes to justify such a negative player experience.

Please enjoy my anecdote.

Yes having some indication that a mob will be locked when you pull it would be vastly superior over the "oh surprise, this is going to hammer you and you can't fight back" mechanic that we currently have. It's very unenjoyable when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom