Listsold bug!

lynnettell

Dalayan Elder
Dunno if someone official wants to post, stickie, whatever, but listsold has been bugging out.

If someone /auc to sell, and you can't see it, go to your house. It is up to date. Cities are not.

Level 20 /cm housekey. Donators, any level.

It has to do with the way listsold data is pulled. Currently it is only refreshed when the zone reboots. So zoning into your empty house will refresh the list for you. Zoning into Athicaa that has been up for 3 days will give you 3 day old information.

It's something that is in discussion on how to fix without hammering the database with listsold updates, while still trying to keep everything as up to date as possible.

So basically.. the more often a banker zone crashes, the more up to date info we get?

Would it be possible to script the zones to reboot themselves,
first it sends out a zonewide message saying;

>> insertzonenamehere is rebooting in 2 min, camp or move << then reboots itself..

Make it run at midnight or something ever other day or so. But I don't know how the zone system works so I don't know if its possible.

It would still give outdated info but It's something and I don't think that would hammer the database, would it?

>> insertzonenamehere is rebooting in 2 min, camp or move << then reboots itself..

Make it run at midnight or something ever other day or so. But I don't know how the zone system works so I don't know if its possible.

If possible... I second this. Good to have a window of knowing when zones go down for maint purposes. Awesome idea.

Make it run at midnight or something

WAT.

Anyone who was here 4 years ago can tell you how awful the 5:05am EST reboots were.

Ugh... so many "WHEN IS REBOOT I DUN WANNA DIE" ooc comments. It made for at least an hour a night of needing to turn of OOC altogether.

It would still give outdated info but It's something and I don't think that would hammer the database, would it?

Just zone to your house. This would still give you 1-2 day old out of date data, and annoy people in the zone at the time.

Yeah, that's basically why I posted this. I restock my DM bot, and immediately get tells that there's nothing on her... folks just need to go to house. That's why I posted it in the buying/selling forum!

Back
Top Bottom