Liodreths of the Paw

jm_delif

Dalayan Beginner
I'm working on OSM Blackscale trying to befriend Liodreths of the paw, I've killed close to 1000 of the Starfall Gnolls and am still KoS to the Liodreths. Is this faction broken or should I count on shooting for 1million?

Killing Gnolls will only raise you to indifferent. You should get a message stating "your faction cannot be improved further in this way" or something to that effect when you kill gnolls.

What you must do is collect gnoll paws and turn them into Greold in Paw. A word of warning: it'll take you 404 paws (not a typo) to get from indifferent to ally if you don't have a way to raise your faction with spells.

ETA: and I misread, I thought you were still not ally with the Liodreths and was wondering why. My bad.

Last edited:
I'm working on OSM Blackscale trying to befriend Liodreths of the paw, I've killed close to 1000 of the Starfall Gnolls and am still KoS to the Liodreths. Is this faction broken or should I count on shooting for 1million?

You're doing something wrong. Delif isn't even KoS to the starfall gnolls, and he's max KoS to Liodreths of The Paw.

That said, it will take a lot of gnoll killing.

it's terrible. i think i killed 3000 starfall gnolls to get the 410 or so paws. very late night exageration

Last edited:
Kills

The character is Gecro, and I've collected 8 stacks of paws so far, so IDK how many gnolls I have killed but the drop rate is listed at 20% so it's gotta be a few.... Conning a Liodreth gives me a KoS faction msg still....

as long as you have not killed any liodreth since you've started killing gnolls, you'll hit indifferent to the liodreth at like 300-350 paws.

Horrible faction adjustments

Well after collection 11 stacks of paws now the Liodreth have gone to threateningly, either this is the worst faction adjustment to do or something was glitched *shrug* only 11 more stacks to go /cheer

Well after collection 11 stacks of paws now the Liodreth have gone to threateningly, either this is the worst faction adjustment to do or something was glitched *shrug* only 11 more stacks to go /cheer

This sounds about where this faction fixing sits.

Keep in mind that from max KoS to Threateningly is several times the length of Threateningly to Indifferently from a raw numerical standpoint.

I was max KoS to paw when i started this quest. With my Cleric i killed around 1,300 mobs before i collected the 404 paws, it was somewhere around 900 or 1000 when i go to be indiff.

This took me a very long time and made me wish that I had done at least part of it while leveling up here.

It's a bit annoying that doing Newport Ring III requires you to ruin your Paw faction while your Blackscale faction quests require you to have it maxxed (especially since Ring III can be done much earlier than the MQ faction quests), but I suppose bad guys have it worst than the others... :(

It's a bit annoying that doing Newport Ring III requires you to ruin your Paw faction while your Blackscale faction quests require you to have it maxxed (especially since Ring III can be done much earlier than the MQ faction quests), but I suppose bad guys have it worst than the others... :(
It's gettimg even worse: for a PoLore quest, you first need to kill liodreths for a drop. The next step of the very same quest requires you to befriend with them.

It's gettimg even worse: for a PoLore quest, you first need to kill liodreths for a drop. The next step of the very same quest requires you to befriend with them.

At least you only need amiable for the Plane of Lore quest. So only about 800? gnolls. Let's just say I didn't think the time investment was worth learning Greold's story. I think killing 1000+ green gnolls is over the top for even the most grind heavy of games.

Ah green farming...the only thing I can say about green farming that's remotely pleasant is actually having a reason to use the Blast Trap on mah rogue. Blowing up gnolls, or killing literally every single mob in FSK at the exact same time <3 (only not)

Blackscale does not require you do the Liodreth alliance. Although it is a huge hit. I think the biggest out of all the quests.

I'm not sure that I could have made it without it. I did basically every single other blackscale quest and wasn't there until liodreths.

edit: there were a few artifacts(?) I didn't get - maybe they were worth enough who knows!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom