Lifeward suggestion

GuiardoTuneweaver

Staff Emeritus
This quest was very well done, thank you for putting the time and effort into it! However, there was one part that didn't feel right: The Book of Ancient Blacksmithing Lore.

Eskos Naldeen said:
...but as to where to find the details of the ritual... you could try the library of Erudin, but I am dubious to your chance of success. I *have* heard rumors of a collection of knowledge that exceeds that of even the Erudites', secured away in the Valley of Erimal by a group that call themselves the Finders or Seekers or something akin to that, but even if you could find them, and even if they have the book, I do not know how you would get them to share the knowledge in it.

When you retrieve the book, it's not actually a book and can't be read. This, combined with the "get them to share the knowledge in it" phrase, led me to believe that I needed to find someone to interpret it. I spent quite some time searching Erimal, Freeport, and any blacksmith NPCs I could find to try to find someone to translate it. I even went so far as to complete stage 4 of the MQ to see if it would give me access to the "Sanctuary" (because it requires the "High Seeker's permission"), but it didn't. It doesn't actually need to translated, but is just another component in the final combine.

Also, throwing a copy of a book about blacksmithing into the forge doesn't make much sense from a roleplay perspective.

I suggest making the book readable to clear up the confusion about translation. As for combining the book in the forge, could the combine be dependent on the flag from getting the book instead? Alternatively, if the NPC text could be changed to indicate that he's giving you the original book, and have the book text talk about being magically enchanted, and needed to combine the book in order to incorporate the enchantment into the shield.

I agree that this didn't make too much sense when I did it, but when I saw the book was unreadable I just assumed it was part of the combine, as he asks for the shield + 6 items.

Back
Top Bottom