Lich forms not working at all

Samus Aran

Dalayan Beginner
Hello all, this is Mortandad from SV.

There is an issue with some lich forms not working at all, I did a /bug but I'm writing this post to explain with more detail the problem.

This thing started when a someone on guildchat complained that his lich clickie wasn't adding mana regen.
They asked if a necromancer was on, and I offered my help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metodology used to test this bug:
- Click off all mana regen buffs.
- Dump some mana.
- Check your mana regen while standing up, this "mana regen" incluides standard mana regen + AAs + tomes + ft.
- Cast a lich form spell.
- Check if mana regeneration from lich form is added to your "mana regen".

Spells used: (Edited)
Relic: Master of Death
Arch Lich
Lich
Call of Bones
Allure of Death
Dark Pact

As 06/11/2016 with my current gear I regen 11 mana points per tick while standing up (not in combat).

Mana regen behavior, numbers:

No lich form, while standing up (mana base 1000):
- First tick > mana base goes from 1000 to 1008, then in a second +/- mana goes up to 1011,
- Second tick > mana base goes from 1011 to 1019, then in a second +/- mana goes up to 1022.

Mana regenerated per tick > 11 (this is my "mana regen", without any buffs).

If I cast Relic: Master of Death (converts 44 hp to 44 mana), while standing up (mana base 1000):
- First tick > mana base goes from 1000 to 1052, then in a second +/- mana goes down to 1011.
- Second tick > mana base goes from 1011 to 1063, then in a second +/- mana goes down to 1022.

Mana regenerated per tick > 11 (I should regen 55)

If I cast Arch Lich (converts 35 hp to 35 mana), while standing up (mana base 1000):
- First tick > mana base goes from 1000 to 1043, then in a second +/- mana goes down to 1011.
- Second tick > mana base goes from 1011 to 1054, then in a second +/- mana goes down to 1022.

Mana regenerated per tick > 11 (I should regen 46)

If I cast Lich (converts 20 hp to 20 mana), while standing up (mana base 1000):
- First tick > mana base goes from 1000 to 1028, then in a second +/- mana goes up to 1031.
- Second tick > mana base goes from 1031 to 1059, then in a second +/- mana goes up to 1062.

Mana regenerated per tick > 31 (11 "mana regen" + 20 from Lich)

If I cast Call of Bones (converts 8 hp to 8 mana), while standing up (mana base 1000):
- First tick > mana base goes from 1000 to 1016, then in a second +/- mana goes up to 1019.
- Second tick > mana base goes from 1019 to 1035, then in a second +/- mana goes up to 1038.

Mana regenerated per tick > 19 (11 "mana regen" + 8 from Call of Bones)

If I cast Allure of Death (converts 4 hp to 4 mana), while standing up (mana base 1000):
- First tick > mana base goes from 1000 to 1012, then in a second +/- mana goes up to 1015.
- Second tick > mana base goes from 1015 to 1027, then in a second +/- mana goes up to 1030.

Mana regenerated per tick > 15 (11 "mana regen" + 4 from Allure of Death)

If I cast Dark Pact (converts 2 hp to 2 mana), while standing up (mana base 1000):
- First tick > mana base goes from 1000 to 1010, then in a second +/- mana goes up to 1013.
- Second tick > mana base goes from 1013 to 1023, then in a second +/- mana goes up to 1026.

Mana regenerated per tick > 13 (11 "mana regen" + 2 form Dark Pact)

The same metodology has been tried with WoN casted on me, while standing up:
"Mana regen" goes up from 11 to 19, while standing up.

If I cast Relic: Master of Death (converts 44 hp to 44 mana), while standing up (mana base 1000):
- First tick > mana base goes from 1000 to 1060, then in a second +/- mana goes down to 1019.
- Second tick > mana base goes from 1019 to 1079, then in a second +/- mana goes down to 1038.

Mana regenerated per tick > 19 (I should regen 63)

Additional info:
Sometimes, when mana ticks, base mana (1000) adds your "mana regen" (1011) > then peaks (using relic lich, 1052) > then returns mana base with added mana regen (1011).
Mana regeneration behavior isn't always the same, but in the end, mana regenerated it is.

Edited: all lich forms tested.

This clearly shows that Relic: Master of Death and Arch Lich don't work at all, while lower level lich forms work as they should.

I hope this information is useful and comprehensible.
Special thanks to Asmodina for helping me with the metolodgy used to test this issue.

P.D.: Excuse me for my poor English.

New edit: post overhaul.

Last edited:
Just confirmed with my necro as well. Lich gives 20 mana regen per both client display and /cm stats while arch lich and master of death give 0 extra and only leave base mana regen without buffs.

I only did a precursory test on relic lich and found that it seemed to make no difference in mana regeneration rate. It took the same amount of time to meditate from 30% mana to 60% mana with relic lich as it did to get from 60% to 90% without any lich at all.

Back
Top Bottom