Let's Replace Relic: Placid Focus

DodoBot

Dalayan Elder
As we move forward towards seasonal things - let's remember that this spell is still nearly worthless since changing the mana regeneration mechanics.

I'd propose to replace it with an upgrade to Entrancing Lights (A new PBAOE Mesmerize - medium cooldown). If we can't agree on DPS mechanics, at least we can reinforce the crowd control / utility role.

Also, the Ancient Invisibility should be made group or raid cast. There is no reason for this to still be single target when Group Invisibility and Sunskin are in the game.

Not saying this shouldn’t be used, but we use Placid more than I thought we would. People constantly being stuck with swords/5 minute timer make it a viable option to use. No idea on the spellgem situation with enchanters and what you sacrifice keeping it up, but we get stuck with swords/5 minute timer a lot more than you’d think.

I really like Placid and would hate to see it go. Ancient invis should 100% be purple gem tho. Upgraded blue gem mez is a long time coming.

The struggle for spell gems is real...
No idea on the spellgem situation with enchanters and what you sacrifice keeping it up, but we get stuck with swords/5 minute timer a lot more than you’d think.
I could say from my own experience that placid would get used a lot more use on my end if it had a reduced or lower cooldown - enabling a faster swap. I never really have the justification to keep it on my bar, but there are certain areas where I would consider swapping it in from time to time if it had a lower cooldown, particularly raid areas when we tend to bug out and combat lock. In a normal situations without continuous combat status (bugs?) though, I still can't see it getting much use.

Even with the crossed swords, I'd take an up to lv 65 entrancing lights over placid 10 out of 10 times o_O

As we move forward towards seasonal things - let's remember that this spell is still nearly worthless since changing the mana regeneration mechanics.

I'd propose to replace it with an upgrade to Entrancing Lights (A new PBAOE Mesmerize - medium cooldown). If we can't agree on DPS mechanics, at least we can reinforce the crowd control / utility role.

Also, the Ancient Invisibility should be made group or raid cast. There is no reason for this to still be single target when Group Invisibility and Sunskin are in the game.

Placid is invaluable if you are not T10+. Please don't take it away. Raiding as a high tier enchanter is completely different than a T6-9 one.

Ancient invis needs to be a raidwide spell. No reason why not with Sunskin.

Back
Top Bottom