Leaving SoD, observations from a potential new player

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of this sounds inviting. Removing the PoK seems like The Glow Wyrm, hate from an old time (13th Warrior quote). Being so far behind the active player base that it will take 6+ months to possibly years; ouch.

The game is definitely different than Live or emulated EQ, that I've seen. Mad props for that work; however, it's also hampered new players, or seems to, at least.

Thank you all for commenting. I've been playing EQ2 with my GF. She had no desire to create a character on SoD after seeing what I saw, even though she liked the idea of it.

I really don't get all the hate w/ the portals. it's basically PoK w/ a TINY TINY amount of risk. outside of the 2 akhevans in the courtyard, all the others have a crazy small aggro radius. Aggro radius is half the length of the pool for the first one and whatever the distance is between the center of the stairs and behind the statues as u go up for the second one. They just need to include portals to Halas and whatever the other city is that doesn't have a portal.

why would I want to put in all my time to incur the wrath of a staff member and lose everything?
Of the active staff, no one would cause you to lose everything. SoD has a long history, It is one of the things I like about this game. If your a new member it might be hard to determine in which time era these older folks are discussing.

Regardless, thank you for your feedback. I have locked this thread. If you need game advice, please make another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom