Laptop around 1k

I bought mine from dell, put in a 30% discount code I found on the internet, and have a computer I love.

Bestbuy used to be much more expensive than buying from other sources, it still may be.

I'd shop around and see what a comparable computer from newegg or other places, even dell will sell them for.

the big issue is that i only have a couple hours in Honolulu or L.A. to buy it.

in LA ill be by the Cruis ship terminal, which they said is pretty far away from anything, and at honolulu there is a store couple blocks away from where my ship dock... so best buy is far easy to me.

Anyway... newegg.com doesnt have any good offers.

Last edited:
If you're stuck on buying from best buy, i personally like this one the best. I'm no expert but it looks like it has the faster graphics card (has 260m gtx vs 230m gtx), bigger hard drive, and a relatively comparable cpu (has quad 2.0 ghz vs i7 1.6 ghz):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...lack/9568149.p?id=1218125774394&skuId=9568149

May also want to contact them ahead of time to make sure they carry these in their store. You could get there and they could tell you they don't carry those in store, they cost more in store, or they are sold out. Calling them ahead of time could iron all these potential problems out since you are on a limited time schedule. They may also be able to send one to the store if you're thinking about buying it, but again this may only be possible if you call them ahead of time. If you're concerned about international calling fees.. email may be just as effective.

Last edited:
You wont find much in San Pedro/Long Beach. Your best bet would be Honollulu but if your in LA I would suggest Fries over Best Buy. Or costco. Newegg trumps.

yea the 260 beats eveerything.. that`s why im concern.. and i used the locator on the website, it shows that they do have on store in Honolulu, just gonna send them an email to make sure they have one by the time i get there... in 18 days or so...

btw im going to sky dive there

Waldoff can u put the link for the stores or w/e in LA?

I found 2 near the berth 87 on the dock.

Think ill try since there, since the Honolulu one is out on stock, that gives me time to skydive there :p

I'm very fond of Asus and Acer computers... they sure beat the original companies (Dell, Compaq, HP, and Gateway) any day as far as reliability! :)

Course... I build my own computers (it's MUCH cheaper if you know how to do it).

I'm very fond of Asus and Acer computers... they sure beat the original companies (Dell, Compaq, HP, and Gateway) any day as far as reliability! :)

Course... I build my own computers (it's MUCH cheaper if you know how to do it).

as i said i dont have time to do anything in us, which have the cheapest pc`s in america...

Wow, I almost did a spit-take when I read someone suggest that Acer might be something respectable. Never met an Acer that I liked, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom