Lack of Companion Health items on high tier gear

Zapple

Dalayan Elder
This is a thing and has been a problem for a long time. The highest tier companion health item is Mask of Multiplicity from Conglomeration, a basement mob in Spires.

A small number of items which have no focuses and would probably be good candidates to add this to are:

Erd, Stone of the Ward from The Custodian in Sanctum. (probably a focus 7 here to be consistent with the rest of his items?)
Signet of Worship from Kal'Tan tribe in Tur'ruj.
Bracelet of Withering Curses from Gan Tribe in Tur'ruj.
Darkened Galaxy-etched Bone from Taeshlin, the Fallen Guardian in Sanctum.
Cycyl, Girdle of Perpetual Motion from Taeshlin, the Fallen Guardian in Sanctum.

except for signet, which i think has tons going for it already. those seem like good candidates for companion health.

yay aside from faeweave tunic and 4.3 robe for dark elf awesoem points... we dont really replace that chest for awhile.... so

lol. trying to get marza loot buffed.

I got str/sta/agi/dex added to Undying Loyalty one time. It was only 1 of each stat, but it was a success nonetheless! Also with all the melee nerfs, it stands to reason that some buffs need to be handed out. Ideally to casters.

Having needed basic focus effects that aren't even existent at certain tiers isn't much of a "buff" guys.

I was being sarcastic, I completely agree with you. But if the bane damage situation is any indicator, even extremely obvious itemization holes are being left alone for some reason so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Part of the issue is that there isn't enough loot at the high end yet to have tons of focuses. Its either give every item without a focus some sort of focus or add more items :p

This solution could be fixed as more content comes out. That said, I think Zapple has some very good ideas about how to improve companion health itemization. Since the pet focuses were changed, there are definitely some holes in itemization.

Part of the issue is that there isn't enough loot at the high end yet to have tons of focuses. Its either give every item without a focus some sort of focus or add more items :p

Every single item from Abyss that is caster usable has a focus effect on it except for Cape of Poison Petals (which is all/all). 1 item without focus effect, ~20 with. Why shouldn't higher tiers be the same?

Last edited:
This is still an issue but a better solution may be to simply combine pet focuses into one focus, sort of like Tome of Infection Mastery is for Poison and Disease (also may be a good idea to combine Poison and Disease focus into one because of how rare these types of spells are).

I agree with zapple about the issue and strongly agree with his solutions.

Also, I understand having to sacrifice some to get optimal results but in order to make that decision there needs to be the option of choices.

still very bizarre that the entirety of tier 13 loot which comprises of 30+ items does not have a single companion health and only one bane damage (on a tank item)

still very bizarre that the entirety of tier 13 loot which comprises of 30+ items does not have a single companion health and only one bane damage (on a tank item)

This is very true! Some of the best companion health items come from zones prior to Spires.

Back
Top Bottom