Keyring Question

Bonk84

Dalayan Elder
I understand about keys going onto your keyring once you use them and then can be deleted, but what about the Vaporous Crystalline Key for the combine armor? Will your character still need to have that key on your persons when upgrading armor? Or will the mob just check your keyring for said key?

*Edit* Also what about the Seeker rune to open the elevator to the city? Or is that considered a non-key key and might be addressed later on?

Last edited:
This is the one key that I took as an explanation of why keys don't crumble on their own when activated - you might want to keep them for whatever reason. Then again, this is just speculation.

The seeker keys work like normal keys, who knows if your safe deleting them though

Keys whose presence are needed for quests should probably be kept at this point. A solution to this problem is in the works, and should hopefully deploy this week.

Offhand this includes:
Vaporous Crystalline Key
Valor B key

I can't think of any others quite yet. We'll announce when this functionality is live.

Wait, ValorB key is required for a quest? (And fuck, I deleted mine after it got added to keyring...)

I'm pretty certain you can't open the gate for everyone without it. I could be wrong though, I haven't checked the script in quite some time.

You are right there, amulet is needed on person to open the zone for everyone.

quick side note, do i need the key in my inventory and click the key on the door or is having it in my bank fine to register it as part of the keyring?

The message started with:

Lets preface the good patch by saying EVERYTHING in it is experimental. It is all subject to change or removal if it turns out to not work on a bigger scale then the devs on test server. That being said...

So why are people even deleting there key's yet?

Well the positive thing is since your keys are now safely in the DB, if we do revert we know which ones you got rid of. So its not AS crazy as it might at first seem.

So one "key" I noticed that doesnt add is the CoD key. While it looks like a neck it follows the same principles as a key and I don't think it has any other uses.

Noticed Emberflow key doesn't add either, also city of mercy keys don't add, I know there was talk about making a combine for a master key once completed, has this been done?

Kak

Anyone found out if it is safe to delete the Erimal keys yet or not?

Also as to the CoD key, I wonder if it is already stored in the DB somewhere as the first time you use it it gives a message saying something about it being burned into your arm.

Back
Top Bottom