Jyre

That's awesome I've been waiting for SoD to put players in the lore and make a new future. I really enjoyed following Warcrafts lore from Warcraft1-Warcraft3 with the shifts of powers. Heroes rise and fall, corruption and things from the past coming back to haunt. I think Arthas's tale of destruction is probably one of the best game settings ever.

That's awesome I've been waiting for SoD to put players in the lore and make a new future. I really enjoyed following Warcrafts lore from Warcraft1-Warcraft3 with the shifts of powers. Heroes rise and fall, corruption and things from the past coming back to haunt. I think Arthas's tale of destruction is probably one of the best game settings ever.

Athica + formerly corrupted BadLands comes to mind. No idea if anyone ever made an effort to actually write those down. There were quite a few players actively included (more or less).

I remember Aisling telling me stories about Athica when it was first put in. Something about the players having to pay for merchants to come and dwell in the new city or something. It was a long time ago and I don't remember the details.

While on the subject of old lore, I would love to hear more about the lands of magic and why it blew up and (run on sentence) what zones where there.

[Edit]

There was also an event long ago that tied in with the Dark Rot in Freeport that gave players the chance to cleanse it and make it a real city again. Players failed in the task though sadly =*(

Yeah, we had to make a whole bunch of stuff to stock merchants, too. It was a blast, and Jayelle was elected mayor due to her efforts in the reclamation effort.

The Lands of Magic were a creation of Malath and under his dominion. When he was killed, so too went the Lands of Magic. There was a slew of zones there that haven't been restyled, either. City of Mercy is the old Sanctus Seru and whatever thing I only went to once, Shadowhaven was a thing instead of just for House stuff (edit: It was The Haven of Lore, and the house uses Plane of Knowledge, thanks Taru), the vah home city still existed (before Jayla went emo), etc.

There was stuff to do in cleaning Dark Rot that involved the relative genocide of sharks all over Dalaya, but mostly what happened is every raider lived in fear of it due to the loss of the 15th buff slot. Then they went on strike and Wiz just gave up on it.

Good feels, bro.

Last edited:
Yeah, we had to make a whole bunch of stuff to stock merchants, too. It was a blast, and Jayelle was elected mayor due to her efforts in the reclamation effort.

The Lands of Magic were a creation of Malath and under his dominion. When he was killed, so too went the Lands of Magic. There was a slew of zones there that haven't been restyled, either. City of Mercy is the old Sanctus Seru and whatever thing I only went to once, Shadowhaven was a thing instead of just for House stuff, the vah home city still existed (before Jayla went emo), etc.

There was stuff to do in cleaning Dark Rot that involved the relative genocide of sharks all over Dalaya, but mostly what happened is every raider lived in fear of it due to the loss of the 15th buff slot. Then they went on strike and Wiz just gave up on it.

Good feels, bro.

Man the memories. Dark Rot sure was a blast. I remember countless hours of raping random stuff to acquire everything needed for a cure. When we started raiding (end of Revelation 1.0 and beginning of my time in Exodus) people literally shat there pants about someone bringing Dark Rot. I think it was then replaced with Rotting Plague.
Nwaij used to loot the treant staffs and give them to pets before a raid to piss of all melees. Good times of random people going nuts over that.

Man the memories. Dark Rot sure was a blast. I remember countless hours of raping random stuff to acquire everything needed for a cure. When we started raiding (end of Revelation 1.0 and beginning of my time in Exodus) people literally shat there pants about someone bringing Dark Rot. I think it was then replaced with Rotting Plague.
Nwaij used to loot the treant staffs and give them to pets before a raid to piss of all melees. Good times of random people going nuts over that.
Best pet EVER was yours dualwielding a rust scythe and a treant staff. Though the shaman pet with the dispell proccing weapon from EF is a close second - shaman yelling "who is dispelling my slow all the time?" when it was his pet, priceless...

Shadowhaven... The Haven of Lore used those zonefiles, and you're mistaken on what zonefiles The House currently uses. It uses the Plane of Knowledge zonefiles.

Dark Rot wasn't replaced with Rotting Plague, but yeah, Wiz basically gave up on that storyline. If I recall correctly, some other staff member tried to close out that storyline in a GM event in the leadup to the Ikisith release by having The Hierophant release Dark Rot, but that all fell through when Dark Rot - Stage 2 wouldn't trigger properly from the completion of the duration of Dark Rot - Stage 1. I heard rumor that Dark Rot was broken as a result of the Nightmarr joke disease, but I haven't had that confirmed. I suppose it might be nice to put some kind of punctuation mark at the end of some loose end storylines like Dark Rot and the Mavassi, but for all I know, some Dev has called dibs on that.

... and Jyre? Here's to hoping that Chaotic Winds decides to stop spinning their wheels and make the jump to Tier 13... or maybe the recent Sacred Band / Companions merger is the shot in the arm they need to do some Spires Floor 3-5, Lower Thaz, and Tur`ruj and then overtake CW and be the second guild to kill the Shar`nok Tribe! (then Rujik tribe, Rohk, Blazewind, Jyre)

Dark Rot wasn't replaced with Rotting Plague, but yeah, Wiz basically gave up on that storyline. If I recall correctly, some other staff member tried to close out that storyline in a GM event in the leadup to the Ikisith release by having The Hierophant release Dark Rot, but that all fell through when Dark Rot - Stage 2 wouldn't trigger properly from the completion of the duration of Dark Rot - Stage 1. I heard rumor that Dark Rot was broken as a result of the Nightmarr joke disease, but I haven't had that confirmed. I suppose it might be nice to put some kind of punctuation mark at the end of some loose end storylines like Dark Rot and the Mavassi, but for all I know, some Dev has called dibs on that.

Well yeah, wasn't sure on the replaced part.

Ending some loose ends would sure be awesome.
It has always bugged me, that - while the overall storyline is astonishing - some parts just sort of stop halfway through the story itself.

im sure there will be a flood of jyres once everyone figures out how easy it is to attain them

it's unfortunate that marza is gone and the jyre lore line probably dead with him. however, you can see on bango's fomelo that it says "Corrupted by Jyre" and he has -20% spec bonus. also, enjoy this screenshot of the first phase of the final battle with jyre

... and Jyre? (then Rujik tribe, Rohk, Blazewind, Jyre)
You actually think that still drops?
I can assure you when Rujik was being killed the drop rate was so retardly trollingly nerfed into the ground, that you might as well delete Blazewind 1 and 2 and Jyre quest and loot versions from the game.
what like 5 months of fwf v1.0 kililng and 6 month of v2.0 killing and 0 drops?

for you math wiz's thats like (5months @ 4weeks in a month = 5-6 kills a month) + (6months @ 4 weeks in a month = 5-6 kills a month)
= 25 (since bango got his) + 30 (in fwf 2.0) = 55 kills since it dropped last one and 0 droped since ...
with a ballpark guess of 15kills kills b4 bangos droped.

Numbers were def changed right b4 bangos droped or right after or both.. , cause those odds aren't realistic.

Your def selling false dreams by telling ppl its an achievable goal.
Lol like 0.0001% chance to drop but drop is deleted like the opuses so it just doesn't.

Last edited:
i always just assumed it was removed from the table so fwf wouldnt have 3 to 5 tanks with as we were the only ones killing it and that it would have been readded once other guilds got there and were killing it...that is until marza
threw in the towel anywho.

I thought Marza was given the towel to throw in. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I would like to know for server lore...

Back
Top Bottom