Jontrann's Jailing, a response.

jdroadman

Dalayan Beginner
I wasn't even going to make a post about this until i saw that rule 11 thread. Quite frankly I am just done with this server but I still have friends here who enjoy it so I'm going to post the whole story. This will be rather long and cover multiple issues about not only my problems with the staff but hopefully give some of the other players the transparency they are looking for.

As most of you know I was banned "indefinitely jailed" on Sunday 7/22/2018 for the following:

So I have a couple things to say. Yes, on 9/30/2017 I did abuse the aggro bug in prophets landing to help an at the time noob guild member in Casual Raiders Company get their R1 piece. It was wrong, I shouldn't have done it, I served over a month in jail and was released with a 6 month probation. Unfortunately I only have discord screens for this:

Fast-forward to 5/6/2018, I was jailed again for apparently allowing banned players to play my character and served 3 days and shared the following exchange with Admin-Twist and then had a "hearing" of sorts with the GM staff. The result of which was that I was innocent. Seen here:

[Sun May 06 17:35:00 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'sigh why cant people just follow the rules' [Sun May 06 18:36:00 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'ok so yesterday's rule reminder was" 2 boxing maximum on this server, folks were good about correcting that'
[Sun May 06 18:36:17 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'today's topic: it is against server rules to knowingly allow a banned player to play your toons'
[Sun May 06 18:36:27 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'you run the risk of losing your toon to jail, or even ban'
[Sun May 06 18:36:33 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'good talk'
[Sun May 06 18:36:51 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'here's the thing'
[Sun May 06 18:36:55 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'i know some of you have'
[Sun May 06 18:37:02 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'and there are going to be repercussions'
[Sun May 06 18:37:11 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'so let me say it again'
[Sun May 06 18:37:14 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'DO NOT do this'
[Sun May 06 18:37:21 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'people get banned for a reason'
[Sun May 06 18:38:06 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'yeah MQ is obnoxious'
[Sun May 06 18:38:09 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'also bannable'
[Sun May 06 19:39:12 2018] Jontrann has been JAILED for 999 days 0 hours (Allowing banned characters to knowingly play your toon(s)).
[Sun May 06 19:39:28 2018] Crukru has been JAILED for 999 days 0 hours (Allowing banned characters to knowingly play your toon(s)).
[Sun May 06 19:41:21 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'tread fucking carefully'
[Sun May 06 19:41:36 2018] Thanman says out of character, 'At least you can have Jontrann box your chars, since he is just jailed, and not banned'
[Sun May 06 19:41:45 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'no way' [Sun May 06 19:41:48 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'not allowed'
[Sun May 06 19:41:52 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'this is pending ban'
[Sun May 06 19:42:06 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'anyone who allows it loses their char to jail' [Sun May 06 19:45:00 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'it's not a joke!'
[Sun May 06 19:47:38 2018] GM-Taryth BROADCASTS, 'So everyone is clear, if you let banned players knowingly play your toon, you're going to lose them. If these people had access to your accounts, I strongly suggest changing your passwords'
[Sun May 06 19:47:58 2018] GM-Taryth BROADCASTS, 'If you are jailed 999, you are NOT allowed to play pending review'
[Sun May 06 19:48:09 2018] GM-Taryth BROADCASTS, 'If you have questions, direct them at me or twist' [Sun May 06 19:48:17 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'these people knew'
[Sun May 06 19:48:43 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'beleive me, it's not something taken lightly' [Sun May 06 19:49:08 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'if you have concerns, please let us know, particularly about rule breaking'
[Sun May 06 19:50:26 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'the list of banned people is long'
[Sun May 06 19:50:36 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'this ios one person, and its funny who plays dumb about it'
[Sun May 06 19:50:49 2018] Rywin says out of character, 'but is Vagpounder still banned?'
[Sun May 06 19:50:53 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'if you want to go that route, be my guest, but you will be sad'
[Sun May 06 19:51:49 2018] GM-Taryth says out of character, 'know who is using your toon'

As you can see, I was exonerated and from the chat, no further probation was issued. So at the time of this most recent jailing which i'll get to next. I was no longer on probation for the aggro bug exploit. 9/30 > 7/22 is more than 6 months.

As for this jailing (7/22/2018). I have the following to say:

On 4/23/2018 I was talking to Fuwok in game about a mob that I was thinking about would be cool because he had mentioned something about the idea of making some outdoor named. He said to PM it to him so I told him my idea for it on discord. I don't have the in game log and in order to avoid any more potential trouble i'm only going to post a limited amount of what we discussed:

(this was heavily expanded on but i'm not going to share it here because apparently strat sharing is illegal...)

This quickly developed into a conversation about how it would be cool to make a series of outdoor bosses and a quest involving them. I wont say more than that because that would be a leak. Most people already know which ones exist and that they drop a QP from killing them:

From there, Fuwok and I continued to talk about it and i wrote up some ideas for some mobs and loot they could drop. Fuwok did NOT make these mobs and leak them to me. I DID NOT share any information about these mobs with anyone until guilds other than mine killed them. I did give 2 players a strat to the volcanic arachnid in red sun peaks, 8 days after it was released and had already been killed twice. Once by eternity and once by my guild. The two players who got this strat were Hugh, an officer in my guild and Fihuh, a member of Eternity, who also killed the mob. To my knowledge the first time the boss was killed was by my guild in the presence of Fuwok, at his request to balance the fight. Funnily enough, on 7/13/2018, I was asked by Fuwok who I shared the strat with the mob for. Again mind you, this is post mob release and around a week after Fuwok had already quit being a Dev for his own reasons:

Fast forward to today and this circus of a show. Whether or not Fuwok was supposed to be taking ideas and whatnot from players is outside of expertise. @fuwok I'm sorry I said I would use your name as little as possible but so much of this has us connected at the hip, love you bud lol.

As far as i am concerned Fuwok and Marza were the best things that ever happened to this server and for one reason or another both of them have left, seemingly for good. This server in general is so different than it was when we all used to play it. People had loyalty to one another, it wasn't about the loot. For me it still isn't. It was about experiencing cool and difficult encounters and things together with your tight group of friends. The staff is not wholly to blame for the problems that exist on this server now. Everyone wants to fight or pick on one another, think themselves better than others, or just be cruel because its an outlet to do so. If you know me you know that in general i don't dislike anyone and that i try to be as inclusive and friendly to everyone as i possibly can.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions and raises new ones, good luck all.

Last edited:

Masuriya

Dalayan Elder
I'm going to guess there might be a bit more to this than what's posted (don't know you, haven't really interacted with you so don't take that as a dig) but lol at the idea of trying to throw someone in jail for sharing information after it's killed two times by two different guilds. Also if you are going to jail people who gave Fuwok item and encounter ideas you're going to be jailing a LOT more people, let's put it that way. I don't understand why that's a problem anyway, it's GOOD to do that. Players of course don't know all the background details and information of stuff but most devs also don't play the game, especially at a high level. What works in theory isn't always fun or good in practice and having players that are honest about input and don't feel the need to step on eggshells is really important.

Tevinter

Dalayan Pious Diety
Curious to see staff response to this, as this is obviously only one side of the story. Seems like you're more innocent than its made it to be and they were looking for an excuse to re-jail you. I still don't believe you aren't swiftur but thats an entirely different issue.

Jmayzak

Dalayan Elder
No beefs against you personally.

Part of the guild politics that you were swiftur was mostly comical, but in the beginning you were using a voice shifter in discord when you first joined resurgum. So obviously the next train of though is "if he's not swiftur, why is he using a voice shifter". Secondarily, you seem unusually interested in making content. Would fuwok still be deving if you had never talked to him? There is a fucked up possibility where you are in fact swiftur or taking swiftur's ideas and conveying them to a Dev.

But like I said, I am indifferent. Id say if you like the game and enjoy the people you play with, make your appeal and play again.

Rokgaw

Dalayan Beginner
I will miss hanging out and killing things with you if you don't come back. I really don't think anything that you have been accused would so deeply negativley affect this small server that it warrants a ban, as you always first think of helping others and new players over your own progression, which is something this server needs alot more of.
In my 10 years on this server I have seen the population continually dwindle and it's sad to see that we just can't all get along and have fun. The purpose of the game is to have fun. I've never been one to engage in the drama because it's just not worth it, but it's so frustrating to see how self destructive the server is at this point. I mean theres litteraly only like 50 actual people who play regularly, there's no "real" competition for mobs anymore so there's no point in sewering anyone or guilds for trivial and subjective matters. It would be hilarious/awesome to put us all in real a in a room together without in game names and see who ends up being friends with who.
I hope everyone can step back look at the big picture and just think about what really matters to them in regards to sod/life balance.

Ludovician

Dalayan Elder
Even just READING the admin's dialog in the posted chat logs was painful. They reek of power tripping rants cloaked in promises of fairness and justice for all. The staff volunteers their time - I get it. But to say they're not getting anything out of doing it isn't true for all of them, because holy fuck they're getting a power trip out of it.

Step back for a second: it's a free to play, sub 100 population, 10+ year old game. It's fun as hell and wonderfully built but you can't let it be run this way because that text is downright scary to read. You're not an E-sports title. While maintaining the integrity of the game is indeed important, you should really careful about banning 1/50th of your population for something as stupid as "strat leakz" from a guy who helped invent the fight.

Disclaimer: not implying that all staff in those posts are power tripping. It's obvious who is and who isn't.

Last edited:

jdroadman

Dalayan Beginner
because people keep asking me whats going on with my appeal, here you go:

figured i'd give them time to respond but since its been 3 weeks and i really just don't care anymore... here you go

Tevinter

Dalayan Pious Diety
the silence from the staff on this issue is pretty concerning. honestly I think at this point it'd look better if they just admitted that you're jailed because they think you're swiftur. everything about it seems pretty odd, even the nearly incomprehensible wall of text "explAInation" post.

I don't like to tinfoil hat but seeing a guild leader jailed with no real explanation or proof given is pretty strange. Especially considering that guild leader was directly competing against the guild containing the player characters of the staff members who indefinitely jailed him.

Seeing some kind of proof of whatever shadow cabal jontrann apparently participated in would help put people at ease but until then its not a good look for the staff.

huey

Dalayan Elder
Not to contribute to the tinfoiling, but it would have helped had both times he got jailed in the last year not been before raid on our main raid night, lol..

Marza

*Unfortunately a Developer*
the silence from the staff on this issue is pretty concerning. honestly I think at this point it'd look better if they just admitted that you're jailed because they think you're swiftur. everything about it seems pretty odd, even the nearly incomprehensible wall of text "explAInation" post.

I don't like to tinfoil hat but seeing a guild leader jailed with no real explanation or proof given is pretty strange. Especially considering that guild leader was directly competing against the guild containing the player characters of the staff members who indefinitely jailed him.

Seeing some kind of proof of whatever shadow cabal jontrann apparently participated in would help put people at ease but until then its not a good look for the staff.
That post was kinda crap, but in the short time I was back, I have come not to expect much from Twist.

The Staff chat can be very circlejerky at times, and run full speed with blinders on. I don't actually know if I would go so far as to say they actually made this decision because of some kind of competition reason though. But I kind of doubt the actual reason is any better. I dipped out before a final decision was made, but even at that time I didn't like where the conversation was at.

jdroadman

Dalayan Beginner
I find it incredibly ironic and stupid that there is now another thread posted by a staff member requesting player input for content and I was indefinitely jailed for supplying a different staff member with content ideas. I feel like what Rymy is doing/asking for is just fine.

Top Bottom