Itemflation

Elysium

Dalayan Adventurer
Well, I don't know the proper term for it (Mudflation?), but I'm concerned with the future of SoD's economy. Having charms as a money sink is, in my opinion, a brilliant idea, but what about items? Items aren't really leaving the market, only entering. Isn't this bad for the economy?

I can think of a possible solution, and that's allowing items to be sold to merchants for a decent price. So let's say Item X has a typical market value of 500pp. If you did not feel like trying to find a buyer for it, you could sell it to a vendor for, let's say, 300pp. Right now though, that 500pp item can probably sell to the vendor for 2pp, which has always seemed kind of ridiculous to me (it was like this in EQ too). However, this would take a lot of work, and the devs would probably have to continuously adjust the vendor prices to correspond with the fluctuating market prices.

There's probably some kind of flaw with this system I'm not seeing, but whatever. My intentions weren't really to solve the problem, but more to ask the question, is this a problem for SoD? If so, are there any plans to counter it?

Most of this is solved by the higher quality items being flagged as NO DROP. The lesser quality items are absorbed by the influx of new players and the creation of alts. Mudflation generally refers to the escalating quality of items as the game ages and better and better items must be made to placate the upper tier of players who want to upgrade their gear.

"Having charms as a monkey sink"

???? i mustve missed the day of eq school when we discussed monkey-sinks, can u plz define this term?

Aytowun said:
"Having charms as a monkey sink"

???? i mustve missed the day of eq school when we discussed monkey-sinks, can u plz define this term?

:censored:

Actualy I have noticed a price decress in most droppable items. I picked up a Chestplate of the warlord for 2k instead of the 2700 it was a couple weeks before. Watched prices for items go down constantly as better ones are comming in.

Not sure just wanted to point it out.

I think overall the staff does well by changing zones, eliminationg zones, etc. This way everything isn't going to be constant.

There are certain places that have been over-farmed by some level 65's and therefore you'll see an influx of items from those places, but when their interest wanes in sitting in the same place for days on end, those items will disappear from the market.

Back
Top Bottom